MarcoRocks

AnthonyF

Non-member
Hey everyone. I am posting this especially to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience because what I experienced is the complete opposite of what I have heard about MarcoRocks. So I am setting up my system and need to order rock. I looked on the MarcoRocks website and found their Cherryscapes. They look AMAZING but unfortunately the 40lb scape is out of stock. I have been trying for over a week to get in touch with them to find out if the 40lb scape will be back soon or if I should just order the 50lb box. I also wanted to discuss wit them what size rocks to order since they are the experts and I am brand new at this. I am told they have great rock but so far I have been less than pleased with customer support. I have sent in questions on their form, sent e mail, left voicemails, and left a comment on the Facebook page and have not heard anything back. I must say that so far this has been an extremely disappointing first time experience although because this does not seem to be typical of the company, I am planning to give it a little more tie before I take my business elsewhere. I had posted this in the vendor experiences section but I think it might turn into a discussion and maybe that's why there was no response there. I will have that one deleted and look for answers here.

Thanks,
-Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

I just received m fist shipment of Marco Rocks last week. I had a question about my order and received a response in less than 24 hours. I'm also very please with my order (75 lbs of rock and 160 lbs of sand). It is still boxed up and I can post a picture if you would like to see how it shipped?

Thats cool. I dont need a picture. I am more just wondering what size rocks I need to request and if I should just buy the putty or the E-Marco-400 or if I need any of that or the nylon rods. Its basically just a matter of telling them what I am looking for and them telling me what to order lol. Its my first tank and will be my first time ever doing aquascaping and i just want to make sure I get it right. My biggest question is if the cherryscape will be back soon because then I can see what I am buying and how its set up and if I like it I can go with that. Basically, I just dont know what I am doing lol.

It is becoming colder and they are most likely in the process of transferring the business to Florida for the winter. During the summer they have a place in the cape somewhere but go to the warm weather when it gets cold. Give them another day.

It is becoming colder and they are most likely in the process of transferring the business to Florida for the winter. During the summer they have a place in the cape somewhere but go to the warm weather when it gets cold. Give them another day.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I thought they had both place operational all the time. That would make sense why there is a delay but 12 days does seem a little long. I am holding off until Wednesday and then just ordering the 50lb box and hoping I get some roack that I can make something I like.

You're also forgetting the time of year it is...they are probably super busy with holiday purchases/Black Friday ect.

If this is your first tank I wouldn't worry too much about getting a cherry scape. My understanding is that they only put those up every so often when the rock structure might be if particular interest to someone going for a specific look. The 50lb box will have more than enough rocks in it for you to mess around with and get the scape to your liking.

As for the Rods and mortar that's really your call. The stuff will work well in holding everything together but you can also get away with just using some epoxy and it will work well too. Rods and mortar are really for if you are trying to make bonsai/lots of over hangs type looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just redid my tank with marco rock that I bought from Sea Creatures. He had 1000lbs to choose from at 2.50/lb. Cured it for 6 weeks then zip tied it the way I wanted and used 2 part epoxy to hold it together permanently. Im not sure the look youre going for but in my case the ties and epoxy worked great!

I called again today and was able to get through. He gave me a good idea of what I can do. I purchased the 50 lb box. Now just need decide on sand (torn between fiji pink Arag and Bahamas Oolite Arag) and hopefully I can have water n this thing next week!

How big of a tank were you going?

I have heard of some having issues with sand storms using the fine sand.

I would think that if you place your powerheads correctly...towards the surface as suggested by Jake Adams... that would avoid the sand storm.

You could definitely get a sandstorm and if not that the sand will definitely drift. Read a lot of people that have had to take it out because of this. I would go with something coarser than the figi pink. Especially if you want to crank up the power heads to keep some corals that require a bit more flow. Can always mix the Fiji pink with something coarser as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After watching the BRS video about the sand it looks like the Figi Pink sand will allow for that nice look and be fine enough for sand sifting gobies but coarse enough to not blow around too much. I will most likely go with that one. Thanks for everyone's help!

I had fine sand in my nanocube and always had to point the power heads up... However it was worth it for me, I love the look of fine white sand.

Thats whats killing me. I think I would really like the look better but with this all being new to me I dont want to risk doing something really wrong. The Fiji Pink didnt look too bad on the pictures

I called again today and was able to get through. He gave me a good idea of what I can do. I purchased the 50 lb box. Now just need decide on sand (torn between fiji pink Arag and Bahamas Oolite Arag) and hopefully I can have water n this thing next week!

if you want a lot of flow go pink fiji it will hold better the Oolitic sand will blow all over the place.

Back