Maxspect Gyre 150

So is there some sort of gasket around the drive shaft that blocks water getting in motor? Would be helpful to see a pump teardown to gain confidence in their design.

.May be they found a secret way to seal the motor

Last edited:
so I just watched a video on Coralvue on the maintenance of those pumps there was only a brief look at the motor and shaft but from what I see it is magnetic just like all the other powerheads we use currently only difference is its mounted horizontally and the shaft runs straight through ( at least from what I saw ) Sooooooo what can all you gyre owners say about this out there ? Have any of you taken it apart yet ? noticed any noise ? chattering ? They say that is normal for first few weeks as it needs to break in . would love to see a close up of the center section after the propellers and bushings have been removed and the shaft taken out I assume its sealed there

If it was magnetic drive, you should be able to take the rotor magnet out.
That is a feature needed for magnetic drive as there are so many cases that such magnets require replacement because they can split, jam and swell up.
This happen to all magnetic drive pumps including but not limited to Tunze, Hydor, Mag, Vertex, you name it.

Back