Micro bubbles

vinny

BRS Member
Do micro bubbles affect corals in any way? I've been getting them for a few weeks coming off my skimmer and now I see my Monti slowlying receding, is it because of the bubbles, stn?

From what I understand micro bubbles are fine unless they get stuck under the coral. A lot of people use micro bubbling to encourage new growth with varying results.

My micro bubbles are constant 24/7. What I forgot to mention is that my toadstool leather, bubble tip anemone , and my Zoanthids recede once-in-a-while. I just switch over to TMP hoping it will help, so far I changed out 5 gallons on my 30 gallon breeder.

A lot of people use micro bubbling to encourage new growth with varying results.
Is this still a thing? I thought it was pretty much forum theatre...

I would be real suprised if microbubbles were causing to stn. I would look toward water quality particularly any big swing in alk over the last week or 2.

I checked my alk and ph from day to night for 1 week, the ph goes from 8-8.2 and my alk will go from 9-8 dkh. My parameters are as follows: temp-80deg, salinity-1.025, calcium-420, mag-1150, phosphate-1, alk-9, ph-8.2 and nitrate-0. My mag just came up to 1150 it was at 1000 for a long time while using aqua forest salt.

You need to raise mag to 1350. Alk and ph are ok where they are. Salinity is good you want to get phosphatr a little bit lower. Not sure about temp. People run temp all over the place. My tank is never more than 78. And never lass than 78 lol. No matter what changes you make they must be slow. You dont want to stun your livestock.

I'm just guessing that it's stn, i don't know why my monti is receding i've giving it more light, less light, more flow less flow. Middle of the tank, to top of the tank I haven't put it on the sand yet. My maxima clam is doing great ora sps and my rainbow acro is also doing good, I would think these would be the first to decline. This march I think will make my tank a year old and coraline algae has just been growing for the past couple of months now. Ohh my gorgonian is also fading away, the polyps come out at night to feed and I feed it about 4 times a week but the branches are thinning out.

You need to raise mag to 1350. Alk and ph are ok where they are. Salinity is good you want to get phosphatr a little bit lower. Not sure about temp. People run temp all over the place. My tank is never more than 78. And never lass than 78 lol. No matter what changes you make they must be slow. You dont want to stun your livestock.

I'm working on that, i'm dosing AF mag to bring it up slow.

Are the bubbles new, like you just put in a new skimmer? If so, I would guess your tank is adjusting to the new skimmer, either that it is skimming better or worse than before and the balance isn't set yet. If your phosphates are at 1.00, then that seems rather high. I would guess that the micro bubbles are an expression of some other change, but not the problem themselves. How are the algaes doing - growing, receding, nothing? I tend to think those fast growing algae are a big sign that things are out of whack.

I found where my bubbles are coming from and it's not the skimmer. My penguin filter has spray bars that help spin my bio wheels, i shut off my penguin filter last night today, and today I don't have any micro bubbles. My zoanthids and ALL open today it's been a while since I've seen them open up all the way. My monti had micro bubbles all around it's edge, I'm hoping it will come back now.

I'm thinking of removing the bio wheels my question does anybody have a good idea on how to block the spray bar from working .

I blocked the spray bar, but i'm still getting the bubbles. So put put a filter pad in front of the way the water falls back into my tank and behold no bubbles. But now I don't have the strong current entering my tank? every time I feel like a fix one problem a new problem arises. So my newest question is how do I get my get my current back without the bubbles.

Back