Mini Brittle stars

Liam

letting it grow
Where do the mini brittle stars come from,are they offspring of larger stars or are they a seperate species that stay small.I am talking about the ones you nearly always get when you buy a frag from Greg Hiller.
I would love to have a population of these,any ideas?

:eek: Oh No don't tell me Greg has the acro eating brittle stars :D

J/K
My system at home is loaded with them also, They are a seperate species.
As far as getting a population I don't think it's very hard, 2 make 10 10 make 100 and so on.
I know Greg used to sell them, and if you were going to be down this way I could see if I could hook you up too. Only trouble is some days I see hundreds and others only few.

I see thousands of them in my barebottom tank. I assume a few of them came with the pieces of live rock i brought from my older tank and they multiplied happily. Unfortunately I can't take some of them out because they live behind the rockwork.

I have hundreds in my macro, to the point that I've stopped picking them out before I throw the macro in the trash. If you remind me right before the next meeting I can bring some.

~Flighty~ said:
I have hundreds in my macro, to the point that I've stopped picking them out before I throw the macro in the trash. If you remind me right before the next meeting I can bring some.

thanks Cindy,i will.
-Liam.

Just PM me the day before. I am very flighty and tend to forget things like this. go figure :rolleyes: :)

Since the mysids are breeding really well in my fuge I was thinking of making up some bottles of "Cindy's pattented fuge starter" with mysids, pods, and brittle stars in a little bottle. Like the got pods stuff, but with baby critters swimming around that you can actually see. I will probably charge something like $15 for them because it will be a pain to catch everyhting fresh right before the meeting.

Last edited:
~Flighty~ said:
Just PM me the day before. I am very flighty and tend to forget things like this. go figure :rolleyes: :)

Since the mysids are breeding really well in my fuge I was thinking of making up some bottles of "Cindy's pattented fuge starter" with mysids, pods, and brittle stars in a little bottle. Like the got pods stuff, but with baby critters swimming around that you can actually see. I will probably charge something like $15 for them because it will be a pain to catch everyhting fresh right before the meeting.

I will go with that Cindy,i used to have a healthy mysid population but they vanished all of a sudden.Put me down for a bottle,i will remind you before the meeting though too,thanks,Liam.

Cind's Fuge Starter

I could use a bottle also.I can pick up anytime except Mon,Wed or Fri.
Thanks skipp

Greg does sell the little star fish I think it was $5.00 for a dozen but check with him to be sure

Cindy I take a bottle as well my fuge needs a boost.

Man, maybe I need to start a new thread. I didn't know there would be this kind of demand.

I think I will just put together as many bottles as I can before the meeting and let it be first come first serve. If you just want the stars I could do those alone for cheeper. It is the mysids that will probably be hard to catch. I can get some once, but then they see me as a preditor and run.

Back