Mojanos and aptaisia all gone!

Dawn, he's relentless. He searches the rockwork for them. And they were BIG mojanos. There is not a single piece of one left. Today he ate mysis, flake and cyclopeeze like a pig. Much easier fish than a copperband. I hope he doesn't start eating my zooanthids. I don't think he would fit into my coralife fishcatcher should I have to remove him. That species is supposed to school well so I am going to look for at least one or two more. If I see any do you want me to let you know? I could tell Barry at Fintastic that I have some freinds that want a blood relative of the fish he sold me.:D

LKM I would even remove all my zoas to the basement but
I would probably just pass him on when he was finished with my tank.
I am at the loosing end of the mojano battle and they are on my base rocks so unless I can get a sibling to yours I am out of luck LOL
LMK an address if he gets another and the time the store is open I will get there;)

Since I want another one, I'll buy him from you after he cleans your tank. That way it won't cost you anything.

hey paul..didn't i question the bannerfish?i've always had bad luck at the shop with them.instant ich breakouts everytime.well u have enough to keep him occupied i guess...i thought they were sps nippers so keep an eye on him now that u have no more pest anemones left.he's still hungry in my book...

Honestly Paul you can have him when I am done it is not the cost it is just the point of the darn mojanos (that I intentionally added myself app 4 years ago ) they are out of control. and I am at my witts end..

I would feel bad if you bought one and it didn't eat your mojanos. Here is the number of Fintastic Fish in Plainville. Tell Barry Paul from Bridgewater sent ya. 508-699-0722. Let me know when the fish comes in , maybe we can go together or I will meet you there.

Just an FYI....was up at Jay's Aquatics yesterday and he had 1 large henochious and 3 smaller ones...at least they were there...may want to call and see...it's a bit far from you though Dawn...HTH:)

I'd be interested in hearing more about this fish as it evolves in your tank. I also have a few hard to reach majano's and aiptasia. Was thinking about getting a CBB but have had difficulty with keeping them fed over time. I have a lot of aggressive eaters. I would need to feel pretty comfortable that it wouldn't develop a taste for polyps or Zoanthids.

How has he been behaving now that the food source is gone?

Maybe I'll go split one with you Dawn. We can each use it for a couple weeks :)

He is now residing at Dawns. Seems he developed a taste for my elegance coral so he had to go. The tank is 427gal

this guy is now looking for a new home once again.
Unfortunately he did not like my mojano but loves my palys and zoas.
Once i removed them he seemed to love the color green IE chalices, neon candy canes birdsnest. then yesterday he decided he liked my clams ( couldnt figure out why they had stopped opening since the hawaiin cleaner was removed ) noticed him munching on them yesterday. spent a little time last night and this morning just when I was deciding he is either the stupidest fish or the smartest I caught him ( once again feeding in a specimen container works wonders for catching unwanted fish )
So if anyone has a FO or low coral tank large enough for him you are welcome to him.
Would love PU today as I really do not want to place him in my sump and have to tear it apart to get him out .

Dawn, I'm sorry he didn't take care of your mojanos after all the trouble you went through. Just as I feared however, mine are back. So the lesson is unless you can find a fish that can stay in your tank to keep them in check, it doesn't make any difference in the long run.

I'm sorry to report that the heni succumbed to ich while in week 2 of hypo/QT today. :(

Back