Moving a reef ready tank, plumbing on the bottom, tough move

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
Has anyone experienced moving a used (120) reef ready tank that has the dual overflow plumbing extruding from the bottom of the tank and made it tough to set in down on the bottom of the tank. Removing the plumbing was not an easy option so setting it down on it's backside with padding was the only way to move it. Anyone else run into this problem?

Also before setting it up it I noticed the silicone in all 4 corners was pretty ragged and knew later down the road it would leak. I stripped out the old silicone and resealed all 4 corners. Testing it for leaks soon and it now sits on my front porch that will not hold 120 gal of water. I want to at least let it hold water for a few days but don't want the stand and tank sit at the end of the driveway even if I cover it with a tarp in case of rain.

My solution, remove the old style plumbing in the overflow, set the tank on a sheet of plywood fill just below the overflow and monitor water height and or leaks during dry weather. I always water test a used tank, outside. Think it'll work?

i ran into the same thing moving my 75
just make sure you take evaporation into consideration when watching the water level

Hey leroy whats goin on man, whats the current progress with the 120?? BTW the Pallys you gave me are doing great!

Back