Mp60 got my Fox Face

jtaylor

BRS Member
Approaching my second year in this hobby and it's the first time I looked into my tank and gasped in panic. My Fox Face who was the first fish I chose after my sons two clown fish was stuck on my MP60. I shut her down quick and the fish swam away with a couple of grill marks on his sides. I hope the stress and damage will not be two much for him and as of now he his swimming wobbly. Only have one soft coral in the tank so the MP60 was at a low speed, will be placing the filter over the mp60 from now on.
Would welcome positive vibes for the health of my fish.

Sending good vibes your way!
Wow the suction on the 60 must be crazy
I have 2 40's and never had anything sucked in

I don't think it would of got sucked in if the fish is healthy and strong. You may want to get him in a quarantine tank and treat him. I had an MP40 running close to full throttle and never had anything get sucked up other than seaweed I was feeding the fish, but, then again I have seen stranger things happen... Good luck!

I will set up my quarantine tank over the weekend. He was swimming healthy yesterday and did not even think of him being sick. He is hanging out in the back of the tank were he sleeps at night right now and seems to be stunned but looking better. Thanks

I had a tomini tang do the same thing. He had the grill marks on him as well and made a full recovery. I believe Greg at unwaterworld had the same issue with many foxface's... just curious but was there algae on the wetside of the mp60?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is diatom on the wet side. Couple of snails on the MP60 now. Had the thought he was just going for a snack.

Back