My 72 LED light finally finished!

sparkyee

BRS Member
Hi,
Here are pictures of my 72 bow lighting system. It 48 Cree XRE royal blues and
48 Cree XPG wides. Blues were derated to 650mA and the white are running 950mA.
Eight Mean Well ELN-60-48D drivers are housed in that controller box. There is 1/4" acrylic on the top and bottom and red oak hiding the heatsinks. Three 23" x 4" pieces
bolted together to form a "T" shape. The tank is running about 1.5 to 2 degrees lower in temp. Thanks for looking at the pics!

Larry M.
"sparkyEE"

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 283
Awesome build man! How do you like the color of the LEDs in the 1:1 ratio of blues to whites?

Nice clean job on the assembly. Very curious about the investment cost as well, looking to do something similar in the future.

lighting system costs

Hi,
I am into about a grand. I splurged on a nice You-Do-IT aluminum case for the controller. I bought almost every thing from RapidLED.com and Mouser. I am more adept at wiring then machining, so it took a lot longer to build than I expected - about 100 hours. The color at maximum is very bright and white, I am still playing with the levels. Total power is 286 watts at full tilt measured on a Kill-A-watt. The LEDS are screwed down with boron grease. RapidLED.com sells the heatsink predrilled for about $15 more.
I can't wait to get some SPS and see the growth rate. Being an engineer I had to build one of these things!

Thanks
Larry

Back