My Husband Almost Killed My Tank

ThunderGoose

Non-member
Let me preface by saying my husband is a very intelligent guy. But he sometimes lacks common sense.

Like a lot of houses in New England we don't have central air so we make due with window units. Last night my husband turned off the window units and fans and opened windows when he came to bed. You may have noticed it didn't cool off much. I sure did when I woke up at 3:30 in a pool of sweat.

I went downstairs to get some cold water from the fridge and realized what he had done. I also noticed the Apex had turned off the refugium light because the tank was over temperature.

Thank goodness I could't sleep!

I turned the A/C back on, closed up the house, placed a fan to run over the sump, added a bag of frozen R/O water to the sump and it looks like it worked. Nothing seems too stressed this morning.

Except me. Who was up for an hour in the middle of the night problem solving.

Talk about stress....
So we are moving and the house is going to be listed this week and open house on the weekend. We had these fancy programmable thermostats that we want to take with us so I went and change them out to the basic one that came with the house. We have two HVAC systems. One up in the attic and one in the basement. I changed out the one upstairs no problem. The one downstairs, however, went blank. No power to the thermostat and thermostat is not talking to the system. With my 8 months crying and wailing and I’m trying to figure out why the HVAC has no power, I was about to run out in the yard and scream. Placed a call to the HVAC and they said they won’t be able to come out til tomorrow. After about 2 hours, I did some research and was going to check for a fuse on the control board and then the doorbell rang. The guy came and found the blown fuse and replaced it.
Trying to save money by not having to buy a new set of thermostat just cost me an unnecessary charge for emergency HVAC service....
FML!!
Now I need to take a cold shower before my friend and his entourage come to empty the corals.

Talk about stress....
So we are moving and the house is going to be listed this week and open house on the weekend. We had these fancy programmable thermostats that we want to take with us so I went and change them out to the basic one that came with the house. We have two HVAC systems. One up in the attic and one in the basement. I changed out the one upstairs no problem. The one downstairs, however, went blank. No power to the thermostat and thermostat is not talking to the system. With my 8 months crying and wailing and I’m trying to figure out why the HVAC has no power, I was about to run out in the yard and scream. Placed a call to the HVAC and they said they won’t be able to come out til tomorrow. After about 2 hours, I did some research and was going to check for a fuse on the control board and then the doorbell rang. The guy came and found the blown fuse and replaced it.
Trying to save money by not having to buy a new set of thermostat just cost me an unnecessary charge for emergency HVAC service....
FML!!
Now I need to take a cold shower before my friend and his entourage come to empty the corals.
It always has to he something right? Can never just be easy

Nice saves, both of you. Doors o my open here if it is below 84 and the wife is not home. When she is home if there is any humidity (like today 70 degrees) she is running the AC*eye roll*

Nice saves, both of you. Doors o my open here if it is below 84 and the wife is not home. When she is home if there is any humidity (like today 70 degrees) she is running the AC*eye roll*
Opposite here, my fish room is cooler than the bed room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fish room is 72. I pay for the heaters to run in the summer so I can work in there without dying.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back