My husband rocks me

cstmpprl

Non-member
:D Bob ordered me 100 pounds of Marco Rock for mothers day.:) He is the best, now I don’t have to worry so much about bringing any pest over from the old tank. I can’t wait for them to get here. Silly man should have waited till after Mothers Day, Hope the guests we are having this week end don't mind a messy house, since I’ll be playing in the rock pile this week..
Michelle

Hmm think that would work with my wife? Here's some rocks for mothers day lol
I'd be in the dog house for sure

If I gave the wife rocks for mothers day... I'd need to wear a hard hat :) Though, a bunch of Marco Rocks would be an ideal gift for fathers day (hint hint).

It's here finally

Just got the rock, it looks great. Now comes the hard part. It's going into a 31 tall, so I have 1 chance to make it look good. (Since Bob won’t let me hire a tank boy with 3 foot arms :( sheesh) I'll be making a template on the table; I guess that would make the most sense. Still waiting on the rods and have to give it a bath, so I guess I'll clean for the party tomorrow, and have fun with the rock next week.
Michelle

Awesome looking pieces. I saw someone make a plywood/cardboard replica of their tank dimensions to do the aquascaping without haveing to risk scratching their tank on here before. Wish I had thought of that when I put my rock in!

Awesome looking pieces. I saw someone make a plywood/cardboard replica of their tank dimensions to do the aquascaping without haveing to risk scratching their tank on here before. Wish I had thought of that when I put my rock in!
I've done this before with cardboard. I usually leave the front pane off of my model to make accessibility a bit easier.

Nice looking rock!! You guys are soooo smart and patient doing mock up and all...damn..I wish I had thought of that..or at least done a search...lol.

Were not to smart. The 120 has been rearranged about 10 times... And we are still not happy with it. This tank just has me a little intimidated by the height, It stands 5'4" without the canopy, And i'm only 5'3" I have to stand on a big step ladder just to reach half way down the inside of the tank. So i have to get it just right the first time. :eek: I might have to start a new thread and vote on the different looks i come up with. :cool:
Michelle

Michele,

The last time I did my rock scape I put egg crate on the bottom glass of the tank.
This helps disperse the wieght and also saves the bottom glass from scrapes and getting dinged up.One other thing that might help.I have one rock that wieghs 30 lbs.
To help get this rock in the tank I waited till it was 1/3 full so that when it submerged in the water it became lighter,this saved some back strain as it's sometimes a difficult postion to be in,up on a ladder reaching down in the tank.

Were not to smart. The 120 has been rearranged about 10 times... And we are still not happy with it. This tank just has me a little intimidated by the height, It stands 5'4" without the canopy, And i'm only 5'3" I have to stand on a big step ladder just to reach half way down the inside of the tank. So i have to get it just right the first time. :eek: I might have to start a new thread and vote on the different looks i come up with. :cool:
Michelle

Lol..put some waders on and get on in there!!

Back