my new 120g frag tank stand

Clam Man

x reefer
$40.00 dollars later should take another $50.00/60.00 dollars to plywood and paint so after spending $100.00 on a diy stand I think it could hold up my car infact I know it could.I overbuilt it so it could take a wave box running and not fall apart.here's some pictures :D
front

Attachments

• stand front.jpg
    stand front.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 309
back (note preasure treated on bottom just incase of a leek)

Attachments

• stand back.jpg
    stand back.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
and here's the $200.00 dollar tank that I just picked up somtimes you get lucky:) hope it holds water :mad: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• new 120.jpg
    new 120.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 293
so where are all the LED's and the GFCI plugs :) jking... stand looks very safe, great idea using the PT on the bottom :)

Should be one heck of a very large frag tank! Nice job. What kind of finish woods are you going to use? Oak or maple etc.

cheep as I can find its just going to be painted black.I don't want the stand to look to nice then it will take away from whats in the tank ;) thats the nice way of saying im not a finish carpenter in any way:rolleyes: .

Jesus Dale. A tree trunk would be less solid. Are you sure your house can support the stand?
its going on a cement floor :D even if it wasn't I would still build it like this and brace the floor below when you get 100+ gallon tank you have some serious weight there.

Back