my re-build thread

Well you should take the link out of you sig :D That's how dug up the thread :p

alright, so yall convinced me.. didn't take much.. haha.

Right now i'm looking at a few used 120 tech tanks, as well as a few tech 90's, also considering a custom built rimless 90 from GC. Maybe not quite as high end as i was originally planning, but still a large upgrade from what i have.

Just so you don't think i'm all talk i have also ordered a new ATO system (osmolater) and am getting a new return pump soon as well.

lol... Uhh well i found one on CL, one here on the forums, and a couple of possibilities in upstate newyork that i found on RC, 4 total.. but only 1 is even close to "local".

One guy on the forums here has a pretty nice looking 120 tech for a great price, he's from CT.. i hope he gets back to me..

You can do it.:D 120 tech do you need some motivation. About the possibilities. Stay tune for a new thread coming soon.;)

I saw that 120 in the quipments forum. It looks like a steal, especially if the scratch mentioned is superficial. Do it, bro. Do it!

The star fire front is awesome but soft i bet...it does not refer to a scratch it says scratches so alot i bet but a deep deep sand bed could make it go away....

oh yeah he did

Alright, so obviously the used tech tank plan got scrapped. So i decided to step my game up. No more messing around with thoughts of building my own tank, or buying a hack job from glasscages... no no.. i went all out.

48x24x20, 2 sides starfire, custom reef ready, eurobraced, all edges machine beveled then hand polished, black silicone, loc-line return and durso included (pretty cool huh?) and oh yeah, a 5 year warranty ;) !

Those of you that went to MACNA might be familiar with the custom tank maker that was displaying there, "Coast to Coast Aquariums" rumor is that the chief engineer there was the chief tank builder with AO, but the company denies any affiliation i guess. Anyways, they do outstanding work, i've seen it first hand.

I attached a picture of the tank they had on display at MACNA. Mine wont be that big, that's a 180 gallon, 48x36x24.. but it shows a lot of the options my tank will have and you get an idea of the quality ;)

Attachments

• CTC_OC_48x36x24_Euro_1s.jpg
    CTC_OC_48x36x24_Euro_1s.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 237
jeesh no one? I get people on my case when i don't update and then when i do something awesome no one even responds!

gotta give it more than half a day broseff.
but yea if thats what your tank is gonna look like *drool*
grats on the upgrade, what gallonage are you looking at?

gotta give it more than half a day broseff.
but yea if thats what your tank is gonna look like *drool*
grats on the upgrade, what gallonage are you looking at?

the display will be approx 100 gallons. Sump will likely be a 75 gallon, so for total system volume somewhere around 140-150 gallons. Possibility of a frag tank or fuge as well.

Shoot me a PM by the way, I gotta hook you up with that frag like i said i would =).

Thats a nice looking tank, when are you getting it? Do I get a free frag for posting to?;)

I'll be finalizing the order this week, and he said they generally take 4-6 weeks time to complete a project. No frags for you, i'm not made of frags after all ! :p . (Plus you don't live in easton like all the cool reefers ;) )

might have run into a roadblock here... =/ .

Heavy tank on laminate floor = a bad idea i think? !#%!$$@^$@^$@!. UGHHH, wish i had thought of that sooner. wtf mannn.

anyone have any experience? Ripping up the laminate i am told "is not an option". Floor itself shouldn't have any problems, it's just the stupid friggin pergo laminate flooring that it would be sitting on.

Back