my reef in 25hrs

paine43

Non-member
So at about 8:30am got home from working a 25hrs shift, and as alway I went to check on my tank as soon as i walked in the door. Now my lights still have yet to come on and i catch my emerald crab (green handed) eating my hammer coral. So i go to override my lights and find my xenia laying on the ground not moving, but everything else seems to be ok. I know that i should do a water change first off but I was only home for 1 hr before having to come back to work so that will be the first thing i do tonight. any ideas what could have happend over the night? :(
thanks tina

that was the first thing i though too but the temp was 83i thought it had to get higher for things to die off

paine43 said:
temp was 83

Was that the temperature when you arrived at 8:30am? If so, it must have been higher the day, before during the day (depending on how you have your lights, but for a "normal" photoperiod, the morning is the time the tank is cooler)

Nuno

8:30AM is when my tank bottoms out (just before lights on). So my guess is that your tank hit a temp much higher than 83.

Back