My take on Halides and T5's so far

reefstarter

Non-member
So I have had the T5's off on my 210 sps tank . for a month now (trying to save some $$$$ ) the halides work great but I think the addition of the T5's really made a big difference . I can't be totally sure cause its only been a month . and the tank is going through its early stage changes . The bacteria is established . and the nutrients are falling like a stone I am thinking that has something to do with it as well . I might try and remove a bunch of cheato from the fuge , do some heavy feeding and see what happens with just the halides for another month . then continue that with the T5's . any thoughts on this out there ?

Changing lighting that frequently isn't the best idea. As soon as your corals adjust you change them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I have had the T5's off on my 210 sps tank . for a month now (trying to save some $$$$ ) the halides work great but I think the addition of the T5's really made a big difference . I can't be totally sure cause its only been a month . and the tank is going through its early stage changes . The bacteria is established . and the nutrients are falling like a stone I am thinking that has something to do with it as well . I might try and remove a bunch of cheato from the fuge , do some heavy feeding and see what happens with just the halides for another month . then continue that with the T5's . any thoughts on this out there ?
Did you change color temp of the light? Halides are always enough. If you strip 10K of blue supplemental light while you will get color you just won't get as much pop as you will with 14k,15k, or 20K.

Back