Nasty skimmer nog smell

customclimates

Non-member
With the upgrade to the PMXL skimmer there is an upgrade in NOG SMELL!!!
P blankety blank U !!! OMG. :eek: I am going to John’s tomorrow to pick up a carbon box for on top of my collection cup for the smell. What are some of the things you all use for this issue?

We get the carbon filters that they sell for the tops of cat litter boxes, and put that across the vent holes of the collection cup. Works great.

With the upgrade to the PMXL skimmer there is an upgrade in NOG SMELL!!!
P blankety blank U !!! OMG. :eek: I am going to John’s tomorrow to pick up a carbon box for on top of my collection cup for the smell. What are some of the things you all use for this issue?

My skimmer in the basement :D

excellent

i am glad it is working out well

trying to figure out what i am going to go with now and i can not make up my mind

electric

not really sure my usual electric bill is 300 without tank running for 3 months or so coming up very cvurious on how much it will drop

I am sure it will be interesting…1.2 amps 110V on old pump 290 watts on the new! In my case I know it will not be drastic, just curious. Yours on the other hand I am sure will reflect quite a difference.

Someone had asked about this before and Greg H recommended throwing a little Kalk in the cup, this brings the PH in the cup to a level unfriendly to the bacteria that produce that wonderful smell. I have tried this and it seems to work to some degree though it does not completely eliminate the odor...

Back