Need light bulb advice

i believe phoenix does make a 10k bulb.

FWIW phoenix are made in Japan/china anyway.

And phoenix is the knock off version of the aquaconnect bulb

All Phoenix bulbs are made in Japan. I have not heard or seen a Phoenix bulb that is made in China.

AquaConnect and Pheonix are made by the same company. It is hard to tell who knock off who.:)

dz6t,

What color megachrome are you using? I have the 14.5's on IceCap ballasts with a lot of actinic T5's (4x4" on a 6 foot tank) and I think the color is a little blue for my taste. Do you by chance have the 12.5's?

Thanks,

Gary

dz6t,

What color megachrome are you using? I have the 14.5's on IceCap ballasts with a lot of actinic T5's (4x4" on a 6 foot tank) and I think the color is a little blue for my taste. Do you by chance have the 12.5's?

Thanks,

Gary

I have the 12k Geissman, the Megachrome Marine, and it's about as pure white as you get. There is enough blue in it to make the colors look nice, but you definitely don't notice the blue. I'll probably try the Megachrome Coral next time to see if it brings out the colors just a bit more. From what I've been told there is very little difference between the two. Even the Coral is very white without a noticeable blue.

My avatar pic is almost dead accurate for the color of the light.

Back