Neptune Apex Controller

Anybody pre-order this controller? I decided to upgrade my Octopus Controller to the Apex. Still waiting for a shipping date since it has been delayed.

Can't wait to get the internet capability to my smart phone...:p It has a built in ethernet web-server!

Another day, another toy!:D

I'm thinking about selling my ACIII to upgrade to the Apex. Waiting for some reviews though. Usually version 1.0's will be buggy and maybe I'll wait for the first firmware update.

Having the controller on the internet and phone is amazing. The email alerts have saved me a couple of times.

i want the apex as well, but unfortunately there are other more important fish tank needs first =/.

Usually version 1.0's will be buggy and maybe I'll wait for the first firmware update.

I'm in the same boat. I've been checking the web daily with some hope of a thorough review from early adopters--I dont even know if Neptune send an early copy to some bloggers like they do with other tech products (engadget, reefbuilders, etc).

I dont have a controller now and was going to get the AC3... but once you add the cost of the DC8, the price difference is very minimal when compared to the Apex. So the waiting game begins...

I just cant wait until I can shut my main pump, located in the basement, on/off thru my phone as I'm doing some sporadic rearranging of my rocks :D

Internet

I'm thinking about selling my ACIII to upgrade to the Apex. Waiting for some reviews though. Usually version 1.0's will be buggy and maybe I'll wait for the first firmware update.

Having the controller on the internet and phone is amazing. The email alerts have saved me a couple of times.

Ray, when u showed me your controller page on your phone I thought...gotta get this. It's all your fault!:p

I managed to convince my wife that I REALLY need it to shut off lights, fans, heaters, A/C in order to be more power efficient, which I think I can be. Instead of dumbly turning a chiller on or off and leaving fans on all the time, now I can control all of these based on the water temperature and shut lights off individually on really hot days until the temp decreases to the desired temperature. Also, as u know I have an independent QT system that I will be able to run off of the Apex along with my main display since it can handle more than one temp probe.

I was going to go with the other models but I figured why not go with the latest and greatest. I know there may be bugs but hopefully future firmware updates will take care of these - I can't wait to get the internet and email capability.

I am looking at controllers now and this seems like it has the most for the price. Does this have built in wireless or do you need to add a module to it? I don't have Iphone, but I would be able to monitor my tank Via a regular web browser.

Ray, when u showed me your controller page on your phone I thought...gotta get this. It's all your fault!:p

I managed to convince my wife that I REALLY need it to shut off lights, fans, heaters, A/C in order to be more power efficient, which I think I can be. Instead of dumbly turning a chiller on or off and leaving fans on all the time, now I can control all of these based on the water temperature and shut lights off individually on really hot days until the temp decreases to the desired temperature. Also, as u know I have an independent QT system that I will be able to run off of the Apex along with my main display since it can handle more than one temp probe.

I was going to go with the other models but I figured why not go with the latest and greatest. I know there may be bugs but hopefully future firmware updates will take care of these - I can't wait to get the internet and email capability.

Since getting my ACIII and the iPhone app I never even touch the controller. It's like a clicker for your TV only it's your fish tank! :p

I have my AC Jr online now too but that requires a dedicated computer running all day. I use an old laptop.

Recent budget crunches have put a damper on my plans for an Apex for now.

Since getting my ACIII and the iPhone app I never even touch the controller. It's like a clicker for your TV only it's your fish tank! :p

I have my AC Jr online now too but that requires a dedicated computer running all day. I use an old laptop.

Recent budget crunches have put a damper on my plans for an Apex for now.

Darn, I was hoping to buy your old controller :D

The ACIII will also work on a web browser, and has email capabilities as well.

My ACIII has it's own comcast account for warnings. :rolleyes:

it emails my work account, which my phone retrieves

The ACIII will also work on a web browser, and has email capabilities as well.

My ACIII has it's own comcast account for warnings. :rolleyes:

it emails my work account, which my phone retrieves

Same here and with the newer beta firware there's a net setup page on the web host so confiuguring and testing the email is WAY easier. I found configuring email from the controller itslef to be kludgy. :eek:

And then of course there's always the cool ACIII signature. LOL! :p

And then of course there's always the cool ACIII signature. LOL! :p

Yea that Sig is great.

Well, I just need to convince you guys with the AC3, that you need an Apex. Then buy yours. lol

good to know though

I just wish there was something in the $200 to $300 price range that would monitor and datalog pH, temp, and ORP on 1H intervals. I guess I am going to have to go with an AC3 or Apex system to do this though.

I just wish there was something in the $200 to $300 price range that would monitor and datalog pH, temp, and ORP on 1H intervals. I guess I am going to have to go with an AC3 or Apex system to do this though.

The Jr is in that price range. Doesn't do ORP out of the box though.

I got my ACIII complete for $275 from a reefer on RC. I saw that deal and pounced like a cat! :p The deals are out there. ACIII's will be dropping in price on the used market because of the Apex.

Check this ... http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1677226

Last edited:
Back