New fish addition--Powder Blue

jwaka11

Non-member
One month after I ordered it from my LFS, it finally came in last week. It spent ~ one week in my 10g QT tank and I didnt see any irregularities... so here it is in my DT.

I've always wanted one of these fishes. I bought one about a year ago and not knowing anything about aside from their awesome colors... and unfortunately, because of my stupidity, it died shortly after being in my tank. Too much stress from other fishes.

This time, I did it the right way by researching and sold a potential bully in my tank (Yellow tang). Also, setup QT to ensure there is no issue. He's now a part of the pack. Still shy but roams around graciously... :D

Oh yea, pics...

Attachments

• DSC_9711.jpg
    DSC_9711.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC_9714.jpg
    DSC_9714.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
Thanks all. I know Powder Blue is one a super timid fish--along with Powder Brown and Achilles... so ensuring little stress as possible during the transfer hopefully will ensure its survival rate. Time will tell...

Love the PBT's... Can't wait till I can get a tank that supports tangs...

I had a powder brown that didn't make it in my last tank, he was def my favorite fish, had lots of personality.

Great fish. I have one in my QT tank right now.

I am going to trap both my "bullies" and put them in my refugium for a few weeks, so they hopefully lose their territorial instinct.

Back