New From the Back Bay 8 Gallon Nano

northeastern

Non-member
Hello everyone, I'm new here, got pointed here from a guy at work so I figured might as well post here and seek some advice. So I have an 8 gallon fluval ebi that I've had set up for two months here are some more specifics

Equipment:
Fluval 8 gallon tank, with cover
Boostled par30 and Fluval 13-watt daylight compact fluorescent light
Fluval nano filter with spray bar (use this as my filter and power hear. would appreciate comments on this) added carbon to this
viaaqua 100w heater

In the tank to start:
10 lbs fuji cured rock
10 lbs of Florida crushed coral <- I hate this stuff...

Corals
Kenya tree
red mushroom
hammer
creeping gargonia? is this right?

Livesock
snails
fireshrimp
pompom
3 sexy shrimp
I had a o'clown from skiptons but it died from what I believe was ich. At first it looked like he fought it off and was going to be fine but then a week later it came back and killed him within 24 hours. Im paying now waiting 5 weeks with an empty display :(

I use saltwater and rodi water from skiptons - anyone want to give me comments on this? good? bad? skiptons has great reviews on here and I like the people there...

I'm planning my next move, maybe a block o'clown or a snowflake clown? I'm not too sure yet any suggestions would be great.

Here's my current fts

Nice little tank ya got there. Good idea with the par30 that other light not gonna cut it for corals.

nice small tank. Do you have a big sump underneath.

Hope you can keep things alive as I was not able to when I first started this hobby with the 29g.

Welcome back. Sounds like you made a great start. As he says, watch the kind of lights you have for the corals. Yellow gobies are small and have personality. Oscellaris Clowns are also colorful and have some personality. They are curious.

Good luck.

Oceanguy

Thanks guys. So far the par30 seems like a good pick, the hammer at the bottom seems happy since i've added him a week ago. As for keeping things alive im hoping constant water changes keeps everything happy n healthy. My inverts and corals seem real happy, except my mushroom he's temperamental and has been mad at me for two days since I moved him to the rock

first off welcome! also,water changes was exactly how we kept up maintenance on our 4 gallon pico tank. but that is also why that tank met its demise, because i didn't keep up with it. also, skiptons premix is made with h2ocean salt, which is (IMO) one of the better reef salts out there. all of my water changes are done with their premix, and i very rarely dose anything.

also, there may just be a picasso clown single that is up for grabs soon...i'll let you know if we decide that we are going to let him go...

good luck, welcome to the club, and dont be afraid to ask (see some of my threads, i love asking redundant questions!)

cheers
Jordan

Can you keep sps with success skeeter? I know I will be getting more test equipment before I make a move to any sps but I'm just trying to get a feel for if it's worth it or if I should just stay clear.

my hammer seems happy. Thanks for all the good wishes I will be around asking questions I'm sure you've all answered before.

Welcome to the club, just noticed this post. If you ever need any help with anything give me a pm, I live in the back bay as well and would be more than happy to help with anything.

Back