saltdiscus

Non-member
hi i am a new member here.i have been discus keeper for few years.i still have a discus tank but now i am starting a saltwater tank.i am really exicted to try saltwater:).some of my discus fish.
IMG_3356.png
[/IMG]
IMG_3269.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome. nice looking fish:w
There are a lot of good people here with a lot of experience. If you have any questions, just ask away. Someone will know the answer.

Welcome. nice looking fish:w
There are a lot of good people here with a lot of experience. If you have any questions, just ask away. Someone will know the answer.

thanks. I found this forum to be active and helpful than others. lucky to be in Boston and meet ppl around with same interest.

This site is really great there are so many people on it to help you out along the way. Plus the monthly meetings which I really to to start going to.

This site is really great there are so many people on it to help you out along the way. Plus the monthly meetings which I really to to start going to.
hi Lisa.
yes indeed, I learned a lot from this website. I am still active member of simplydiscus.com. I think this site and simply are the most helpful and active site in ma,ct,nh area.I found the most interesting about saltwater is coral.after burning my money on expensive discus. it's time for coral. :D

Welcome to the BRS!

Glad to find another discus lover. In our old house we had a 300 gallon in wall discus planted tank...how I miss it.

is that the key to breeding them. Or keeping them alive? how often do u need to perform w/c ?

When my family was trying to breed them we would monitor the parameters at least twice a day and as soon as things started to teeter we would change. This generally was every few days as you breed them in bare bottom tanks with something for them to lay eggs on and some sort of simple filter. I think we just used sponge filters and were really careful about watching everything. I know that our display was so large and densely planted that we didn't do frequent water changes. No point in fixing what isn't broken right? I know that from my experience breeding discus was the hardest thing I've ever seen done or been a part of in this hobby so he must mean that.

Back