New Red Tree Sponge. Also a new FTS.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
Easily the best $25 ever spent as far as my tank goes. It has two bases, each with 3 branches, and is around a foot tall by 4-5 inches at it's widest. And it is CRAZY red which is what drew me to it.

DSC00097-Copy.jpg

DSC00107-Copy.jpg

If you go this week, there's another one exactly like it still at the LFS for $25. PM me if you're interested and I can send you the address. It's in Somerset, MA so not too far a drive for you.

A place in Somerset, MA called Pet Lovers. Sorry Ronnie, guess the name is out in the open now! They used to be located in Swansea but moved to somerset into a bigger store and are much more professional now. Pretty decent saltwater section for sure.

Is that near the Swansea mall? Looks nice, but dont the sponges typically last very short periods(couple months) in captivity??

Some sponges (like the tiny yellow/white dots that grow randomly in tanks) are a sign of good tank health but often only last a few months, however sponges like this one can last indefinitely if proper water conditions are maintained.

And yes it is the one that used to be near the Swansea Mall. They relocated further up RT.6 in Somerset in the Autozone Plaza a little before Stop&Shop on the right (if you're coming from the Swansea area.)

MODs, not trying to get in trouble name-dropping a LFS that is not a sponsor of BRS so if this is against forum rules feel free to remove the LFS's name from this thread and people can instead PM me for the name. Not sure if promoting a non-sponsor store is allowed.

There's about 5 different sponges all for under $30 for sale at that place. Just lettin' ya know. ;)

I gotta talk to them about becoming a BRS Sponsor cuz that'd be really great. I tried having Animal Instincts in Fall River join but the owner there is... well... yeah anyways I should see if I can get Pet Lovers on board.

I don't have the money currently anyway, haha. But thanks for the heads up. I'll probably check after christmas sometime.

Dont think youll get in trouble, i asked u where you got it. No big deal, at least i dont think, lol

Lol ahh oh well. Yeah dude (Shawn is it?) i'd definitely recommend you take a trip over to there someday if you're ever in the area or have some free time. A nice place.

Yeah i'm gonna talk to the owner within the next week about joining BRS. Which reminds me I gotta get Jay's cellphone number again...

Nice, I wish my seahorse tank was under control ( dang bubble and hair algea) They would love that.
Michelle

Back