New to BRS

Nemo415

Zoo Crazy
Hello everyone new to your forum but not to reef keeping . Always browse your boards and thought why not join , maybe you guys don't mind shipping corals that you sell . Anyway glad to be aboard .

Attachments

• Full Tank Shot.JPG
    Full Tank Shot.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Lenny The Blenny.JPG
    Lenny The Blenny.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Zoanthids.JPG
    Zoanthids.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 179
  • T Crocea & Baby Maximas.JPG
    T Crocea & Baby Maximas.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Purple Acro.JPG
    Purple Acro.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 182
Howdy.

My Blenny is named Lenny too :rolleyes:
Nice looking acro. Do you ship frags? :D

What is the white thing in the right middle of the tank?

Hey new Nemo.
welcomemat.gif

Welcome to our boards.

It'd be cool to arrange some kind of long distance frag swap.
I bet people in other regions have corals we're not familiar with, and vice versa.

I know there have been cross country frag swaps done on other boards like Reef Central, but we've never done any such exchange here.

Nice tank.

Thanks for the welcome all , Acro not ready to frag yet but not a problem when bigger. No I don't mind you asking Flighty , after 4 yrs of reef keeping I'm always looking for more info while helping others if I can. You guys get a better selection (color) of corals on the coast than we do in the midwest. I've seen great corals you guys trade at meetings and it makes me wish I could attend. :)

Nice tank. What size is that? 92 corner?

I know there are a few folks in the club who ship frags (Greg Hiller comes to mind). Just be careful about red-bugs and Acro-eating Flat-worms. They go around from time to time.

edit: after reading what I wrote I realized that it sounded like I was warning about getting pests from Greg. So I'll clarify, I think he's one of the very safest reefers to trade with. He's very stingy about accepting new corals into his tanks, and therefore avoids many of the epidemics that the rest of us frag-swap-sluts suffer with. Now this post seems like blubbering flattery, so I'll just stop here.

Nate

Last edited:
>Now this post seems like blubbering flattery, so I'll just stop here.<

No...please go on. :D :p

It is a 54gal. corner ,just got a new pink zoanthid colony and a green bubble coral from LFS's I sell xenia to. Will post pic's when I get a chance . :D

New Green bubble & Pink Zoo's

As promised here are the two new corals I traded xenia frags for enjoy :D

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Green Bubble Coral.jpg
    Green Bubble Coral.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 143
Yes how bout it , when they order xenia it always dies (they say it ships poorly) I don't know I've never shipped it , but I have to trim mine all the time anyway so what the heck . I do have to give them BIG frags and they do have to be mounted on live rock rubble but so far it is worth the hassle .

arr yuu from bawston, if you can't meet us at the barrr for a beeearrr I don't know If your allowed to post heare

Just kidding

nice to have some outside contribution, welcome

Agreed....When Xenia ships, it typically shows up as "Stank Soup". I've heard of other areas (Wisconsin, even parts of Canada) where Xenia fetches upwards to 50 bucks a colony! Amazing...in Boston, if we see it for 25 and over for a colony we have "sticker shock".

Welcome to BRS.

D

Back