New to the site and saltwater

tobaquarist

Non-member
Hi everyone, my name is Bobby and I found out about this site actually because I was looking for a book in borders and a guy asked me if I had a tank and I explained that I just set up a saltwater and he told me about this organization. I've always been into fish had freshwater tanks for years and have worked at petsmart, tropic isle and was the main fish person at the petco in white city up until recently when I left

I have live rock now
1 cardinal
1 bar goby
1 engineer
1 blue chromis
2 peppermint shrimp
1 chocolate chip starfish
and about 20 hermits

I'm really exited to start attending the meetings and becoming a member and am hoping to get a lot out of this group since I don't know all that much about setting up a saltwater reef tank so any and all advice would be great

Attachments

• fish.JPG
    fish.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 550
Welcome :)
Whats size tank is it? Are you thinking of keeping coral?

its a 50 gallon seaclear system 2 and once i figure out the lighting and finish cycling it I am going to try corals but like i said i am still new to all this so I need to do a little research first I'd like to start off with maybe some pulsing xenia i think its called

its a 50 gallon seaclear system 2 and once i figure out the lighting and finish cycling it I am going to try corals but like i said i am still new to all this so I need to do a little research first I'd like to start off with maybe some pulsing xenia i think its called

There are alot of people in the club that have tons of xenia and usually can not get rid of it fast enough, a good easy and free coral.

thats awesome does it need special light requirements and whatnot? or is it a pretty basic low maintenance?

Hey Bobby.
Northborough, eh? You're part of the BRS MetroWest gang!
Got all kinds of reefers out here in Harvard, Littleton, Boxborough, Concord, Hudson, Sudbury, Marlboro, Southboro, Boylston, Sterling, Shrewsbury, Westboro, Worcestor, Spencer, Grafton, Framingham, etc.

Welcome to the BRS!

Hey Bobby welcome. I am right on the Northboro/ Marlboro line. If you need any ideas or help setting thing up, let me know. I am in the middle of setting up a new tank myself.

Hi Bobby
Welome to BRS. There are a lot of very knowledgable people here. How long has your tank been set up? Looks like your off to a good start and researching is the best thing you can do. Just so you know. We love pictures.

Hi Bobby
Welome to BRS. There are a lot of very knowledgable people here. How long has your tank been set up? Looks like your off to a good start and researching is the best thing you can do. Just so you know. We love pictures.

its been set up for almost a month so im still trying to get everything stabilized and I'll be taking a lot more pictures once i get the tank off the ground so to speak

Hey Bobby.
Northborough, eh? You're part of the BRS MetroWest gang!
Got all kinds of reefers out here in Harvard, Littleton, Boxborough, Concord, Hudson, Sudbury, Marlboro, Southboro, Boylston, Sterling, Shrewsbury, Westboro, Worcestor, Spencer, Grafton, Framingham, etc.

Welcome to the BRS!
Yeah, all the best reefer parties are out there! . . . Er, I mean, all the best reef-tank get-togethers are out there. :p

Welcome to the Club! :D

Nate

thats awesome does it need special light requirements and whatnot? or is it a pretty basic low maintenance?

Let's just say that when I trim mine back, I chuck (yes, toss in the air and let it fall into) my fuge that hangs on the back of the 29. In a day or two, it has attached to the glass of some of the rubble or the chiato and is pulsing away happy as a clam.

I'll bring you a nice (unchucked) piece to the auction. It can be a pest but if you keep it trimmed back, it is so pretty and adds movement to the tank.

Let's just say that when I trim mine back, I chuck (yes, toss in the air and let it fall into) my fuge that hangs on the back of the 29. In a day or two, it has attached to the glass of some of the rubble or the chiato and is pulsing away happy as a clam.

I'll bring you a nice (unchucked) piece to the auction. It can be a pest but if you keep it trimmed back, it is so pretty and adds movement to the tank.

There will be no frg swaps at the May meeting.

Tisk tisk

Back