New Toys arrived. Getting ready for tank transfer.

jselzler1

Non-member
a185ae72fc512c5df067e9d9b9291d85.jpg

Just received my new Onyx LED's and storm controller. Hope to have them hung by weekend.

Have some rock, seeded with my LR from other DT. Forced a small cycle dosing ammonia. Just completed exchaning 10G of water from this 90G with my 56G. Maybe do again later this week. Then hope to move all LR and critters from the 56G to this one during the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Moved all equipment, LR, corals today fron 54g to the 90. Took about 3 hours to move equipment and get it looking nice. About same time for LR and coral. I spent time to rinse LR in old water to remove detritus, and also did some fragging. Got most of fish moved except for some wrasse's. I expect are hiding in the 54 sandbed. Found a sand sifting starfish that I havenby't seen in over 6 months. That was cool.

Pictures of 90 with very hasty scape.

9dd6473378aeb8b9804631e6e7f22ccc.jpg

5b5c34b11ea15a792799d21ed6a1d084.jpg

54g Corner before change

11ddb6391dce0d2b8be52720d920927a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Looking great, those are high quality lights.

looking great.
In my opinion, it's better to have the skimmer in the first tank of your sump. Otherwise you probably would need to clean that first tank sump more often because that is where debris will stay.

I've read some people deliberately turning their fuges into a settling tank, ie no sand or live rock. Goal is to make vacuuming detritus easier. I've been toying with that idea so have slow flow in the fuge area just to see how much does settle. The drain splits and enters both the 'refugium' and the first section of the sump. The skimmer is in the first section. The refugium drains into the location where skimmmer is located. I have ball valves controlling the flow into the fuge and sump. The majority of the drain flow enters the sump where the skimmer is located.

Back