Newbie Saltwater Guy! Happy to have found this forum :D

Braden8558

Non-member
Hello BRS!

This is my first post on boston reefers and I just wanted to say I'm happy to be here. I already met up with a member, Dong, who was very helpful, educational, and friendly. I had no clue of this forum and society when I started my reef and am glad to have found it. I hope you guys can help me out with some questions!

As far as my background goes...I'm a teen reefer and I have been keeping fish for probably at least 5 years. Recently I decided to jump into the world of saltwater and figured that I would start with a reef instead of just doing a FOWLR tank. So Here we are a couple months in and I have a used 29 gallon biocube with a pair of maroons clowns and six line wrasse. I also just got my first coral from Dong, besides the brown and green palys that I already have in the tank.

Anyone have a lightly used 29 biocube tank? Either version? Can be used more s long as there are no or few scratches. Just need the tank, no light, or stand.

Thanks guys,

I look forward to learning and meeting the people on this forum!

Braden :D

Biocube Full Tank Shot (Actinics) 12-4-13.jpg

Biocube Full Tank Shot 12-4-13.jpg

Welcome. I started in the hobby when I was ten years old so I know how it feels to start in this hobby young. 15 years later I'm still highly addicted to this hobby lol. Any questions shoot them over and I'll be happy to answer them!

Bill

Welcome. I started in the hobby when I was ten years old so I know how it feels to start in this hobby young. 15 years later I'm still highly addicted to this hobby lol. Any questions shoot them over and I'll be happy to answer them!

Bill

Thanks Bill. I will have some more questions haha but for now I just wanted to say hi. Don't worry though I will have some! Thanks for the welcoming, Braden :D

Welcome!
Check out the forum header for BRS meeting and speaker updates.
The next meeting is December 21 at the Framingham Elks.......it looks like a really good one :)

Welcome Aboard! You are in the right place to ask questions. As RiverRat stated...check out the forum header often for monthly meeting and activities.

See you around.

Welcome to the BRS! Happy to have you! Definitely try to make the next meeting it is going to be a great one!

Thank you all for the welcoming it is appreciated! Does membership cost money? Any details about registration? Also Frank I believe you are the man I texted a couple times cause and you didn't like it cause calling was better. Sorry bout that haha! I think I just forgot.

Going to be making a biocube thread soon. How do you guys like the tank?

Thanks, Braden

Welcome Braden! I just started in September with my first tank. Everyone in this group is excellent and very helpful. I will be heading to my first meeting in December, you should try and make it too.

Thank you very much! What is the best forum category to post a tank thread on.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! What is the best forum category to post a tank thread on.

If it's a tank question or what not them reef talk is a good place. If it is general specs and backgrounds on your tank then here would be the place to help us know more about your situation when it comes time to help you. If it has to do with purchasing something then check out the equipment section.

If it's a tank question or what not them reef talk is a good place. If it is general specs and backgrounds on your tank then here would be the place to help us know more about your situation when it comes time to help you. If it has to do with purchasing something then check out the equipment section.

Thanks. I just mean for overall tank journals, pictures, questions, and specs.

Well maybe soon a tank spec or journal lot or a tank progress section will be added. I'll see if I can contact the higher ups and see if that can be added in the future. Maybe for now label it tank specs and put the information of your tank in the introduction and your pictures you can put in photography in a thread titled your tank progress?

Someone else would have to answer this better for me

FYI-the forum gives you the ability to start your own blog in regards to your own tank and build. Pictures included.

Keep in mind that all threads or topics can be searched on the forum.

Also keep in mind the best thing about a forum is...it keeps everyone in the community talking and sharing knowledge, experiences or best practices. You get to meet others and form camaraderie etc.

Back