No epoxy on magnet on pump side of Tunze 6015. Should I use it?

Bobbofin

Non-member
Received a Tunze 6015 pump today to compliment my 6095 that turns completely off at night with a 7092 controller with a night sensor. It goes to low speed 1 in pulse mode. When I opened the box I think I received two outside aquarium sides. Isn't the side inside the aquarium suppose to be filled with epoxy. I do not want to put it into the aquarium if it's not the way it is suppose to be. See picture below.

Attachments

• Tunze Magnet.jpg
    Tunze Magnet.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 563
Yes, Tunze has changed designs with the price increases of neodymium. The new magents are ferrite which do not corrode so there is no need for the epoxy. Unfortunately, nothing comes for free. The new magnets are much bigger and weaker. I am looking to get an old set of magnets for my newer style 6025. The ferrite style does not hold well on 1/2" glass.

Yes, Tunze has changed designs with the price increases of neodymium. The new magents are ferrite which do not corrode so there is no need for the epoxy. Unfortunately, nothing comes for free. The new magnets are much bigger and weaker. I am looking to get an old set of magnets for my newer style 6025. The ferrite style does not hold well on 1/2" glass.

My Marineland 60 cube is 5/16" and the magnets on the Tunze 6015 bare hold. They work but not that great.

Back