Non Reef Safe Fish advice

yeah true... at that point its going to get harassed by any trigger or another angel i would say go with a smaller angel like a rock beauty or a coral beauty.

I would not mix a trigger and a lion. The triggers are known for going after lions but there is always the exception to the rule. I feed my lions live and frozen. I raise saltwater mollies and feed them to the lions - 2 Fu's and a Dwarf fuzzy. Plus they will eat whatever I put in the tank. I use a feeding stick but sometimes I can just drop stuff in and they eat. But I did not even try giving them frozen for 2 months -- I just trained them to think food when they saw me and the net.

There a really good forum on Reef Central that talks about all of this and there are a lot of experienced people there. Plus there are some good stickies on who to put with whom ... or not!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Your options for a kick a** FO in a 90 are limited. All Angels and Tangs would eventually outgrow the 90, as well as most Triggers. Now if you are going to upgrade to a bigger FO in the future you can get a ton of small Angels Tangs, and Triggers, andwithin 2-3 years get them into a 200gal+.
Otherwise I would look at Eels, Lionfish, Dogface Puffer, Harlequin Tusk, and more.

On a side note, every Lionfish we sell dwarf or large, is eating prepared frozen food before we sell it, or it does not go home. Not for nothing, but currently we have 2 Volitans that eat flake food...and anything else that hits the water... :D

Everyone else is right on as far as the other stuff goes. Only thing you should have to check and ocaisionally dose is Alk, and PH.

Awesome! I am hoping to be empty in a week and will be getting a lion and an eel off you as soon as that happens.

Back