november meeting question.

Joel A

Started over.
Hey guys, im only a member of the forum... not of the actual club and was wondering if i could come to the meeting and pay to join the club there?

Let me know,
Jay

You bet! Paul (penman) is the guru of all membership stuff and he sets up shop on a table by the door. And don't forget to bring a few extra bucks for your official Boston Reefer Shwag. We have beer cozies, frag coolers, mugs, hats and I think some T-Shirts. This reminds me, we should look into hoodies or sweatshirts if people are interested........

Anyway, Welcome!!!!!

oh yeah, plenty of money will be brought =). I hear people sell frags there too? Sounds good to me....

I'll be bringing my pops along... mainly because i dont really know all of you that well and im only 15 years old.... but hes a cool guy too... really social and loud.... so i think most of you will like him =).

Hi and welcome :)

Just to tip you off, if you want to pick up some good stuff at the frag swap, watch the threads and arrange trades/purchases in advance. Otherwise, you might not have much to pick from.

When the club was smaller it was a little easier to just show up and find some cool stuff, but these days a large % of the trades are all pre-arranged. Watch for a "frag swap" thread, and for posts in the "Corals for sale" forum.

jk

Hey Jay, welcome to the BRS! :)

What sort of frags are you looking for? Maybe we can dig something up for you as a welcome to the club present.;)

-Gina and Dave

mostly softies. Dont have halides yet.. they will be going under about 5 wpg of PC light in a 75 gallon tank.

Anything that fits into that category is fine with me, im not picky... as long as its colorful =).

I think i read something that said it was 20$ for a membership, is this true?

Thanks,
J

Hi Jay,
Welcome to the club. I joined last year and it has been a Fantastic experience. When you go to your first meeting, there is of course a little hazing that goes on to become a member. I find that when they force you to eat the Xenia stalks, that you should plug your nose. I know it helped me. The bobbing for sea urchins was a bit painful, but my scars are finally healing! Just keep telling yourself that it is no different than bobbing for Apples:D If you look to the picture at the right of this message, you will notice the final task of my "pledging".

As I said, Welcome to the club:p

Scott

Last edited:
Jay,
BRS sponser Coral Reef Aquarium will be setting up shop at the meeting. Check out their forum for updates on what they are bringing. :)

mostly softies. Dont have halides yet.. they will be going under about 5 wpg of PC light in a 75 gallon tank.

Anything that fits into that category is fine with me, im not picky... as long as its colorful =).
Thanks,
J

David will bring you a frag of something that will be fine with your PC lights, look for a really tall guy with a name tag that reads "Dave McReeferson".:D

hey welcome to the club i do have to say the bobbing for the urchins was my least favorite part to pledge but totally worth it.

Back