OFFICIAL Tom 2g Deco Aquarium Kit ~*Contest*~ cheap,fun,contest! JOIN US!

Tomorrow at 2:00pm the order will go in to B at Unique Aquaria, if you are planning to get your tank through them you MUST pm me before 2pm tomorrow in order to pick up your tank from them as he will not be ordering extra. Thanks!!!

So just out of curiosity, who plans on using a sump and who plans on running it without one? I know some may not want to say yet, but I can't decide if I want those extra gallons or if I want to go actual pico and only do the 2 gallons... Im pretty scared of trying to drill it too. I KNOW I will mess it up!

Also a quick question for those who have the tank already... Did anyone else notice a faint burning smell (best I can describe it) coming from the light when they started it for the first time? I did, but I am always worried about that kind of stuff, and it went away after about 5 mins....I dont know if that was just maybe a coating burning off the bulb or something?? Any input anyone?

:) awesome

any one else want to join?! still have time!

also has any one started?? :) i havent seen any threads yet, looking forward to them

so when are the tanks expected to arrive at Skiptons, any word? On the first post it mentions Feb 7th and Feb 8th.

Tanks will be in on the 7th but I would wait to pick on the 8th since B doesn't know what time the shipment will arrive and not mention he then has to sift through boxes to find them.

I have a question on the lighting. Do you have to use the bulb that comes with the fixture . Can we modify the inside of the light but not the outside?

Jim-
If I am reading the rules correctly you can modify your light, however, you must still use the light you are removing in some way. The entire contents of the box must be used it what it reads so that would be my guess. I would wait for Mike to chime in as this is his contest idea for complete clarification.

Small snag guys and gals, I just received a phone call from B at Unique and unfortunately there was a mix up with the company and they only shipped 2 tanks out. B will be contacting the company and having them reship them, he will post in this thread when the tanks come in and are ready for pick up. Hopefully we are looking at next week. As an FYI, the two tanks that came in today have already been picked up by participants. Also, please remember to show your BRS membership card to get the discount, if you do not have a membership card please pm wilfx or post in the membership forum. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Oh that stinks!!!! oh but wait I got one of those. lol Sorry everyone will sell mine for 500 cash!!!

Ps wow Tabittha you are fast ,were you typing while you were on the phone with B

Latest word is I should have them for next week.
The supplier said they had the 10 I ordered, and when they shipped out they actually only had 2. We are getting 4 more shipped from their Florida warehouse, the rest will be coming direct from Tomininga.

I will post right here, as soon as I have them....

Jim-
If I am reading the rules correctly you can modify your light, however, you must still use the light you are removing in some way. The entire contents of the box must be used it what it reads so that would be my guess. I would wait for Mike to chime in as this is his contest idea for complete clarification.
Can we just get clarification on this? Noticed Jimmy did am awesome job on the LED swap on his light. Do we need to use the PC bulb or can we mod the existing equipment and only use part of it? I am planning on doing LEDs as well but am not going to have a sump or anything that I could re-use the PC bulb for. I need to know if I can ditch the PC bulb or if it needs to be incorporated into the lighting.

Can we just get clarification on this? Noticed Jimmy did am awesome job on the LED swap on his light. Do we need to use the PC bulb or can we mod the existing equipment and only use part of it? I am planning on doing LEDs as well but am not going to have a sump or anything that I could re-use the PC bulb for. I need to know if I can ditch the PC bulb or if it needs to be incorporated into the lighting.

If it came in the box it must be used!! :)

Back