OK Time to Reveal Myself I am told

jdemarco

Non-member
My name is John. I have been cruising the forums from time to time for the past few months(ok....alright..... More than a few months, lol ) I have tried to do ALL of the necessary homework ahead of time (tried) and I have tried to take in every bit of information that I possibly could before rushing any decisions. I have learned so much from this forum already(thank you in advance to you all) as well as from books and from "grilling" my LFS guys. I live in Reading MA, I am 4 months into setting up my New/ my First 110gal reef tank (although the decisions and equipment purchasing and learning started more than a few months before that) Of course I have a few things that i would do differently but up until now I know that due in part to all my reading/learning from BRS members i have picked up much information that has lead me to make many more "good" decisions than "regretful" decisions so it has been very rewarding experience for me thus far. I have my fifth fish now (hopefully my stock list shows up in my signature) and contemplating the next few which i consider bigger and more significant/challenging fish. I have put off the much desired tangs until now although I am probably within 2 weeks of potentially getting a few of my long desired Yellow Tang and Kole Tang and more recently Convict Tang has caught my eye as well(As i have officially talked myself off a few that had always been on my list PowderBlue and BlueHippo). Anyway I have probably gone on too long already so just wanted to say hi, i know you want to see pictures, haha... (just bought Nikon D90) so I am working on getting photos that at least do some justice to my efforts and i hope to come back with some evidence of my progress soon. I feel as though that is the least i can do to return the favor I hope to be able to contribute to discussions and topics in the future.....Thanks again to you all for helping me get started on the right foot. Talk to you soon

Welcome to the club, glad you made yourself known.

If you need help with the D90 let me know and I can try to help you out the best I can.

I have a few great pictures of my LT anthias which i hope to get onto my computer and able to be posted and i do appeciate the offer. May take you up on it when i get to that point.

Welcome to the club!

I unfortunately see you are making mistakes already (D90) haha just kidding, I am a Canon guy so I am sure I will hear it from the Nikon crew for that remark ;)

WelcomeBRS3.jpg

Welcome. It is great to see someone research and take their time before jumping in. Just resist the urge to overstock. Good luck and keep learning!

Welcome to the club, John...This hobby does not fall short of mistakes...Take it slow is all the advice for now...(also this is a secret...There is tang police that troll these here boards!!!):p

Welcome to the hobby and to BRS John! Can't wait to see pics of your tank. Sounds like all your research and planning is paying off. Best of luck with your 110!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I know I am addicted because i just braved the snow to take my weekly(at least) trip to Jay's...like the US Post office not rain nor snow nor sleet or nor ice can keep me out of there.......any other "must visit" stores in the area? which stores do all you north shore people frequent?(i've been Sea Creatures, SeaWorld and Aqua Addicts.....

Try B at Unique Aquaria (N Billirica) before he merges with Skipton's in Boston...

Back