Overdosed on PH Reef buffer by Seachem!

What kind of salt do you use? Also what brand of test kits was it that you found so problematic?

Some salt mixes are high in important levels, some are not so high. For example, if you do regular water changes with instant ocean you will definately have low Ca and alk because the freshly made saltwater would be low to begin with. On the other hand there are some salts that have ca in the 500 range...

I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt. I started noticing some of my Zoas are "poping" the center out. I know that's a typical side effect from high PH. Nothing else is showing any other side effects.

I am planning on doing small water changes to bring the PH down slowly. dkh still kind of high at 12.

What kind of salt do you use? Also what brand of test kits was it that you found so problematic?

Some salt mixes are high in important levels, some are not so high. For example, if you do regular water changes with instant ocean you will definately have low Ca and alk because the freshly made saltwater would be low to begin with. On the other hand there are some salts that have ca in the 500 range...
I use reef crystals. The kit was API.

Back