overflow

jlena01545

BRS Member
I just set up an old 90 gallon tank someone gave me, it has a corner overflow and all I get is drain noise, am I missing something?

I have a 90gal with corner overflow as well. This is what I did. Drill holes in the top of the drain pipe. Use a small drill and drill a hole...listen if not happy drill another small hole until the noise stops. Also make a cover for the top of the overflo. I used a piece of black acrylic.

Attachments

• DRAINPIPE.jpg
    DRAINPIPE.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 140
  • OVERFLO COVER2.jpg
    OVERFLO COVER2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 137
  • OVERFLO COVER.jpg
    OVERFLO COVER.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 129
If that doesn't work. I think the Syncra 4 is closer to 900+ gph. If you have one of the 90g tanks with the megaflow, I think the flow on them is closer to 600 gph. Maybe try dialing your return back a little bit.

I’m running a Jebao DC8000 return pump. I have it running at 100%. My tank and dump has No problem handling the flow 2113.74gph

Google a Herbie drain set up which works wonders if you have 2 bulkheads in the overflow. Typically one was used for a return pipe but you can just plumb that over the side of the tank which is well worth the extra work in order to get a much quieter tank...

Back