Permanent discount @ Bulkreefsupply.com

ZReef

Non-member
Was looking into getting some GFO (granular ferric oxide) for my new phosphate reactor and read about the high capacity GFO being superior. I noticed that Bulkreefsupply.com carries it and at a good price. I also noticed they have an introductory group buy offer which is linked below.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/i4/Group-and-Club-Buys/information.html

Basically, if we can get 10 people to join this group buy we can get the lower prices listed on their bulk items and everyone orders and receives their shipment individually.

Also, you get a small permanent discount on your account with them after the group buy!

If you were part of the original introductory group buy with them, you can still join this group buy. If you are like me and missed out on the last group buy, this is your chance to get the discounts. They only like to do this once a year.

If there is enough interest I will email back Andrew at bulkreefsupply and schedule the group buy. They only do two a week and he said Sept 9th would be the first opening but that was last week when he told me that date.

Here is the link to bulkreefsupply. I am sure you can find some stuff to buy. If anyone wants to do a group buy within a group buy and get a big amount of HC GFO and/or carbon to split up and save even more let me know.

As far as the GFO goes, I was looking into getting the slightly more expensive high capacity GFO. It supposedly sucks up more phosphate and doesn't break apart easily so it lasts longer or less can be used.

If you guys just want the regular stuff, I might abandon the high capacity stuff and go for the pellets.

I might be interested....I'll try and keep an eye on this thread.

Don't worry, I will pm you before we make the order.

I am interested in joining, can we get other things or do we need to buy the GFO in the first order?

John

This is the original email I got from Andrew at bulkreefsupply that explains things very well:

Dennis,

We recently decided to allow groups to do the group buy once a year. You
guys can go ahead and do it again as long as ten people sign up. Members of
the last group are free to do it again as well.

Basically our group buys remove all of the hassle normally associated with a
group buy by giving individual access to the lowest quantity discount to
each participating member. This means each member gets the lowest price even
if they only buy one item. Everybody handles their own order separately so
you don't have to spend a lot of time organizing an order, collecting
payment, and disbursing the product to each member. And as a thank you we
give each participating member permanent Preferred Customer status which
gives them discounts on their future orders.

All you need to do is pick a Tuesday that your group will start and send me
a list of members who will be participating. We update accounts on that
Tuesday and send everyone an email notifying them that they can buy. Members
should have created an account with us prior to the group buy start so we
can update their accounts. Members who miss the first list are welcome to
send us an email and sign up at anytime during the duration of the group
buy. Orders are shipped individually so there is no waiting for one big
consolidation. The following Monday we set all account to Preferred Customer
status.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We only let 2 group buys go each
week otherwise it gets to hectic. Our first opening would be September 9th.

Andrew Duneman

With the GFO, even though we order individually and get the maximum quantity discount on all the different sizes, it is still cheaper by weight to get the bigger size. So, to save money, one person can add the bigger size to their order and then we can split it up between whomever is interested. The more people interested the better.

Their smallest size of HC GFO is 1 pound which is $30 at the highest quantity bracket.

Their biggest size is 40 pounds and is $800 at the highest quantity bracket which makes it $20 per pound or 33% cheaper than the 1 pound bags.

I doubt we will have enough people to need the 40 pound bucket but even the 8 pound bucket has a 27% savings at $21.88 per pound.

The same goes for carbon.

-Dennis

Is there a way that we can get this announcement out in the normal forums, because people may not look at this forum all the time. I can't believe we would not be able to get 10 people to sign up for a group buy on a specific week. They don't even specify a minimum for the entire group buy.

Also there may be people that already have accounts and can get in on this to get the best price from them.

John

Is there a way that we can get this announcement out in the normal forums, because people may not look at this forum all the time. I can't believe we would not be able to get 10 people to sign up for a group buy on a specific week. They don't even specify a minimum for the entire group buy.

Also there may be people that already have accounts and can get in on this to get the best price from them.

John

Which forum were you thinking, Reef Talk?

I would love to get this out to all the BRS members but this is the forum it belongs in and I figure if we can keep it on the main page with bumps most people will see it.

You may be able to post to 'reef deals' or maybe just a message in reef talk.

We just need to get to 10 people who need some supply to buy.

John

I'm looking to place an order, is this going to happen?

Yes, this is definitely going to happen. It looks like we have 10 people but I was thinking of waiting to give more people a chance to notice this.

Back