phosban/phosphate reactors

frank180reef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Any use this? I have a refugium with Cheto already. I am wondering if this is a good idea ?

Thanks Frank

I use the TLF Phosban 150 reactor with the TLF media. I used it to remove phosphate I thought was causing or at least contributing to a cyano problem - the cyano is completely gone, which I presume is due to running the Phosban. I have been running this for 3 months and now I am contemplating shutting it off for a while to see if things stay stable without using it.

I run a 2 littel fishies phosban reactor on my 92. Algae production has slowed since I added it

I run two TLF Phosban reactors. One runs RowaPhos and the other RowaCarbon. I change the media every 3-4 weeks.

Just some fyi unless the fuge is 20% or larger than 20% of your total tank volume it does little for nutrient export, I run a 20% and notice little if any export, luckily I use it to support a non stop pod population.......

i run two TLF reactors one with carbon the other with rowaphos. i change the media every two months because i only run these reactors for 10 hours a day.

Is the RowaPhos better than the TLF media?

Honestly Rocco I've used both the TLF and the RowaPhos and my PO4 always tests undetectable so I really don't know if one is better than the other.

I just use the Rowa out of habit.

Phosphates

I have a refugium with macro algae but still have a problem with hair and other algae in my main display tank. So I started using RowaPhos in a reactor. I started using the RowaPhos about a week ago at 1/4 of the recommended amount. I have seen a reduction in phosphate which will hopefully help with the hair algae.

I tried using RowaPhos a while back and the problem was I used too much too soon which caused problems with my sps corals. This time I plan to take it slow and continually check phosphate levels while increasing the RowaPhos slowly until I get undetectable levels. I am using the Merck Phosphate Test.

thanks, those who have the ph reactors, do you have a refuge with macro. ?

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back