Photographic journal of my new Rimless 120G Cadlights tank- Higor

Alright, this is week 13th of my 120G and there have been a few changes. I sold my Yellow Tang and Lyretail Anthia and added a Male Blonde Naso (Naso Elegans) and a new Yellow Plate Coral.

This past week I started to beat my Cyano issue. It started to go away after I started Carbon dosing Vinegar to my Kalkwasser ATO reservoir. I am still battling Bryopis though. Tried Lettuce Nuddi Branches, but they are not keeping up with it. I am a little hesitant, but I will try raising my Mag in the next few weeks to see if it helps…

Here are some pics of the new inhabitants, tank and a vid of the tank- Enjoy

Male Blonde Naso (Naso Elegans)-

Plate Coral- (Thanks Archit!)

Tank shots-

13 weeks-in Tank Vid-

[video=youtube;aAIIWzUYkaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAIIWzUYkaw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just added a couple new corals and rearranged others...

A few pics...

Blue Acro-

uploadfromtaptalk1379177435500.jpg

A few shots of the tank-

uploadfromtaptalk1379177585938.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379177635514.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1379177679935.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Really nice tank.
What's the light over the sump/frag tank?

Thanks man. That means a lot coming from you! :D

I added a second bulb for better coverage. They are full spectrum PAR38 LED bulbs.

uploadfromtaptalk1379891470787.jpg

Higor

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Awesome.......I really like your coral placement skills, it all just flows.

Thanks dude! Appreciate the nice words. How's the new light working out for yah?! I saw it at Archit before u picked it up and drooled over it a little! :p

Higor

:D
The new light is amazing, I am extremely happy with it. The colors it brings out of my corals are awesome and I am seeing some good growth since the switch over. I'll get some pictures up some time this week (I know I started a thread a while ago, but I haven't put any eye candy in it yet).
Far and away an improvement over my old VHOs.

Update guys;

Replaced my Skimmer today! :p

Went from my Puny Vertex IN-100 to a massive SSS SRO-5000INT (Super Reefer Ocotpus Skimmer)

Before anyone says I'm crazy, I just have to say I'm already thinking about an upgrade already 2-3 years (may be sooner, don't tell the wife!!! :) from now! May be a 180 or 250G...

Any ways, there is s lot of debate about overkimming a tank, (which I personally think it's hard to do :-\).

But I went with a skimmer almost 3 times my tank volume, and I will keep this thread up to date with any negative side effects from having such an awesome skimmer! :)

Thanks
Higor

uploadfromtaptalk1381007910768.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1381007943344.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381007975532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381007975532.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Back