picked up a clam at CMAC this morning

THE WOOKIE

Just Keep Swimming
it already opened up and has only been in the tank for like 15 mins

clam1.jpg

Nice lookin clam what ya pay for it if ya don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those clams were sweet looking.

Glad you're happy with your purchase, so you won't be upset when you hear he was selling them for $50 just before they packed up. ;)

i had to go @ like 1:00 to tie up my boat before it gets smashed by the storm. oh well he gave me a good deal on some really nice zoas

i had to go @ like 1:00 to tie up my boat before it gets smashed by the storm. oh well he gave me a good deal on some really nice zoas

Sweet. If I didn't already have a clam, albeit much smaller, I would have probably gotten one. I did end up buying 4 frags from him. So much to choose from...

anyone know about placement of maximas? anything like a derasa or hippopus? it has a piece of liverock on its byssal gape so i think it will do fine on my liverock rock. opinions?

I picked one up too I talked him into a deal for a maxima and a torch for $90. Very happy,the clam looks awesome already. Looked at his site and the same one was selling for $189. Can't beat that! I asked him about place,ent and he said as long as it is attached to s small rock it would be happy on the sand bed. I put a small flat rock in the sand bend and placed it on it,hoping he will attach to that. As long as your lighting is strong enough I think you place them just abut anywhere. From everything I read there really is no danger of bleaching clams just not giving them enough light.

i must have spent 300 bucks at the PEA booth. Clam, orange torch, and some bright a** war corals. I picked up an awsome spider sponge too, from the NY Coral King. He was a character

my mom- the hell is that thing? get it out of the tank it will eat everything!
me- mom......its a filter feeder............and gets most of it energy from the lights

Those clams were sweet looking.

Glad you're happy with your purchase, so you won't be upset when you hear he was selling them for $50 just before they packed up. ;)

That was just mean. At least he was able to have first pick of what was available. Plus, his clam didn't have to sit at the conference all day.

i must have spent 300 bucks at the PEA booth. Clam, orange torch, and some bright a** war corals. I picked up an awsome spider sponge too, from the NY Coral King. He was a character

I talked to him for a while too. I liked him. I think he was disappointed that there weren't more people. I bought a couple of his dendros and one favia. I saw the spider sponge, but wasn't sure how to take care of it. If you frag it, let me know. I would love to try a small piece.

i picked the one most reactive to shadows and the brightest blue. half of the nice looking ones did not react to my hand being over them.

Back