Picked up a pair of true percs today.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
They're still VERY young. I'd wanna say maybe 2-3 months or so? Not sure...
They are 1 inch and 1.5 inches from the same parents but the smaller guy I believe was a "runt" as he was the only small one out of a group of 6 that were for sale but I liked how dark he was so i'm hoping he'll be okay but he is eating and the two hang and don't fight at all which is good. They both have very black eyes compared to all the other clowns i've ever, seen. Wondering if maybe that is because of their young age? I highly doubt they're both blind in both eyes... Lol. Especially considering they both react to my movement and swim right over and stare me straight in the face everytime I put my face to the glass. Very friendly. The smaller one seems to have a slightly either nipped at, torn, or underdeveloped fin to him on the bottom back but it's more so just small and not smooth flowing so I think he's just still forming everything.

Found it rather odd for a clown so young to already be so dark though... Could he (the small one) possibly be part onyx? Opinions?

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

EDIT: Excuse the closed Xenia and Palys in a few pictures, my hermits are being just horribly and have been picking at all of my corals all damn week and i'm getting rather frustrated with them. They've even been fighting for each other's shells when I have plenty of empty ones for them already in the tank.

Last edited:
whered u get em?

A place in Swansea, MA named Pet Lover.

Paid $20 each. They're the tank-raised young of parents that were from ORA.

I was going to get them from ORA directly or Animal Instincts but both were sold out this week and only had picasso (grade a), platinum, and snowflakes and I didn't feel like dropping big bucks right now. They still had a few left after these ones I bought if you want to check it out, but they were semi-misbar on one side or the other.

Guess I shouldn't have said "pair" as some may get confused and think they're a mated pair.

So i'll restate it as "A Couple Of True Percs" since they are obviously too young to be a mated pair and are both still female.

Do you? I've liked seen you there then as I go there often as well. You should check out Animal Instincts in Fall River if you haven't already. I'm working on them becoming a BRS Sponsor soon as well.

yeah they totally should sponsor I get my RO from them often when i need it in a tight spot.. the guys at animal instincts are really cool talk to them all the time

Back