PM Bullet Skimmer help

B.rian

i would rather be diving
hi does anyone know how to fine tune this skimmer and/or use it? i received this unit used, so i looked up the instructions, but they weren't helpful. i have everything plumbed correctly, i just can not get a good skimmate. i don't know where to set the gate valve at so that the reaction chamber is at an optimum level. thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

is the venturi valve sucking air?? When completely clean, it "hisses" very loud fully opened. If it is dirty, it won't produce much bubbles....I have a PMS Bullet1 with a bullet2 recommended size pump. Works great when clean...which you have to do every 2-3 weeks.

thanks for the advice. tomorrow i will take the air injector apart and see how clean it is. i thought i cleaned everything when i installed it, but i might have missed that part.

I've been using a bullet 2 for a couple of years, here's my exp.

First, the beckett gets clogged with anything the pump sucks up. Take it apart first and clean and make sure there are no obstructions stuck in the injector.

Second, after cleaning the beckett, close the air valve and adjust the gate valve so the water is about 1/4 -1/3 of the way up the large riser tube. Then open the air valve 3/4 to all the way open. Wait about 2 days for the foam to get consistent. It will work but you have to wait, Don't fiddle constantly.

Third, attach about 2-3 ft of lg ID air tubing to the air inlet, coil it and zip tie it into a circle. This will almost silence the air suck noise. If there is no noise before the silencer tube, something is obstructed. Clean it with vinegar overnight if there is no noise.

Also, what pump are you using? Beckett's create a lot of back pressure, if you are using a mag pump you will see a major decrease in performance, it's best to run a bullet skimmer with a pressure rated external pump lika a mak 4, iwaki 40, or other external pump with similar pressure ratings.

Back