Pods/Refugium ?

MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
I wanna grow pods….don’t have enough cabinet space for a Refugium….I’ve thought of a HOB Refugium…..but my main thing is growing pods…..any HOB experience? Or is their easier ways? I don’t want a big set up…really no room.

I had an HOB refugium for a while and I really liked it. It grew a lot of pods/cheato. I had no sump at the time, I added an overflow kit intake to hide the pump and it turned into a surface skimmer. It also hid my heater. Other than my HOB skimmer it was my only filtration. I had a CPR with light and I needed to tape off part of the light so the return didn't get clogged with growing algea but, I never had an overflow. If you don't have the room for an in sump fuge it's a good option.

I had an HOB refugium for a while and I really liked it. It grew a lot of pods/cheato. I had no sump at the time, I added an overflow kit intake to hide the pump and it turned into a surface skimmer. It also hid my heater. Other than my HOB skimmer it was my only filtration. I had a CPR with light and I needed to tape off part of the light so the return didn't get clogged with growing algea but, I never had an overflow. If you don't have the room for an in sump fuge it's a good option.
Thanks, I’m really looking into the hob…and yeah I have no room, I just don’t need another big operation other than my tank going. Lol

I have one for sale it worked for me really well,
If u can make it down to Fall river $100 it's yours
Screenshot_20230308-203230_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308-203220_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308-203220_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 45
Back