Poor Fritter...I lost my big Crocea :(

Chrissy

Non-member
This is the first clam that I have ever lost. I don't really know what happened...the only different thing I did was putty over a vermatid snail on his shell. The tank looks so empty without him :( RIP Big guy.

Fritter

Empty without fritter

I am sorry Chrissy :(. Ur tank looks awesome though! I always wanted to have a clam, but after one try last year I am afraid to try again...:confused:

Higor

Wow that's a shame. I have a vermatid snail on my montipora that I was going to plug up, but now i wonder if I should just leave it alone.

I wonder if the snail decided to go into the shell and irritated the clam from its new location. Just because you plug the hole doesnt mean you kill those nasty lil snails. I hate them...theyve irritated my sps corals for years and can cause damage.

But can they bore into a shell? I didn't think so, I know I did the same thing in the past and had no problems.

I am sorry to hear about your clam that stinks. Did you putty the snail in the water or did you take the clam out to do it?

Thanks guys. I puttied it in the water. It also fell twice after I puttied it. It started sliming from the bottom like the inside was deteriorating and my cleaner shrimp were hanging out grabbing the slime. It was still reacting to light and opening some what, so I left it. The next morning it was all sunken in, so I dipped it in fresh water for 20 mins, and then put it back in the tank on the sand and my nassarius snails started eating it. I got the snails out of it and put it in my husbands frag tank and it just got worse until it was completely sucked in and not moving at all.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back