power compact lights

tnorvish

Non-member
i know pc lights are out of date but can u still run everything under them specificly clams and my argument is in the old days before t5s halides and leds how did people do reef tanks pc's right so with my 768 watt pc can i keep everything in the tank my tank is a 150 gallon and is 6 ft long so im running a little over 5 watts per gallon plz multiple responses and debates plz im hearing yes and no from not so great knowledged peeps

i have sps and softies growing well with stock pcs in my biocube.. digi's (green,purple,pink), also ora green birds nest, monti caps..tons of zoas and mushrooms, gonipora, and candy-canes..i guess u can grow and maintain certain types of low light corals if you read up on their reqs. theres multiple online coral stores that give great descriptions of their reqs.
im pretty sure the high end clams..maxximas ect. req high light req. just research then purchase and you should be fine. also dont be affraid to contact the store personaly through email with your questions and concerns.
good luck

First off, punctuation makes things a LOT easier to read :)

That said, MH came long before PC florescent. PCs are basically very inefficient T5's bent in half. Yes you can keep most things under PCs if you run enough of them, but they are far less efficient than T5s and far less bright than MH.

Your alk and Ca are unusually high, your mg is low. I'd do some substantial water changes to bring those numbers in line.

^^+1^^ You'll be fine with medium to lower light corals.A watt is not a watt when it comes to lamps. 800 watts of t5 would be more than enough to support any livestock (overkill IMO )on a 150 while 800 of pc will be marginally bright enough for lower light corals.

Back