Public Service Announcement: New Fedex Policy

Armando

v 4.0
Just got off the phone with Fedex and I was told they have a new policy - Unless the shipper clearly marks the package as "signature required", they are going to drop the package and leave it at the door.

Here is the tracking for my latest livestock order:

"Left at front door. No signature required - release waiver on file"

Sort of BS because the package WAS marked as signature required. So I'll translate this new "policy" as: "We will drop the package no matter what".

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: FEDEX SUX!

I got a liveaquaria order, signature required, stayed home for it nobody showed up, finally went out on the porch and its sitting there upside down. everything survived but I agree with Scavdog

Use hold for pick-up, and save yourself mucho aggravation. If the closest FEDEX office is far away, this can be an inconvenience, but not having your livestock bouncing around in a hot or freezing truck all day is worth the effort.

I've been frustrated too many times monitoring a tracking number online all day waiting for delivery only to have it updated at 5:00pm that the driver attempted delivery, but no one answered the door - BS - the driver never even stopped at the house.

Mike, that's true, I use HOLD whenever I can. Problem is that it is close to impossible to park at the local fedex. I always get a ticket. The metermaid seems to popup out of nowhere :D

Yeah Armando, being in Boston must be difficult.

I can't believe they don't have parking, I mean even a few spots for customers dropping off packages and picking them up.

$2.00 per package for FED EX home delivery signature. Adds up for the shipper to not require it.

Yeah the southie Fedex has tons of parking. But my packages are delivered at the Boylston street store

You can request the hold for pick-up at any Fedex location (you probably already know this, but others may not).

I think that you can specify a fedex station to deliver to. This is usually what I do. That way, they don't go by your address. They just ship to that Fedex site and hold for pickup. You can also avoid extra Saturday delivery fees if you do it this way.

Northeastern University just fired FedEx from handling their entire campus package shipping. Now they use DHL. And I always thought FedEx was one of those good companies... Oh well, its a good thing there's UPS and DHL,

Matt:cool:

Mike Accardi said:
Use hold for pick-up, and save yourself mucho aggravation. If the closest FEDEX office is far away, this can be an inconvenience, but not having your livestock bouncing around in a hot or freezing truck all day is worth the effort.

I've been frustrated too many times monitoring a tracking number online all day waiting for delivery only to have it updated at 5:00pm that the driver attempted delivery, but no one answered the door - BS - the driver never even stopped at the house.
I have to agree you know when its there. no waiting around all day. i have never had one problem this way. after having a deresa clam show up dry i always hold for pickup even though the clam is still alive.

Back