pump for 180gal

scottv1025

Non-member
i got a 180 gal with 2 corner overflows. i got a mag 24 pumping up 15 feet ,right now . i want to get a good pump for my set up . i also have maxi mods on each side and i hate them . they are making a tornado in the middle of the take . i can see the bottom glass in the middle . i push the sand back and the tornado push it back . so i want to put more flow by the returns . so i need help finding a ideal pump and flow .

Sequence Reeflo Tarpon. Mine is awesome, reasonably quiet, excellent flow. I have it dialed back over 50% on my 92, pumping up 14 feet through 1" spaflex and 1 90 degree elbow. I bought it from a sponsor on this site.

Bring your checkbook.....runs just under 300.00.

It will easilly run another tank, and I plan to tie my 72 to it soon. It will be 14 feet of head, but also through 50 horizontal feet of pipe.

I will still have enough left to run something else if I want.......

Sequence Reeflo Tarpon. Mine is awesome, reasonably quiet, excellent flow. I have it dialed back over 50% on my 92, pumping up 14 feet through 1" spaflex and 1 90 degree elbow. I bought it from a sponsor on this site.

Bring your checkbook.....runs just under 300.00.

It will easilly run another tank, and I plan to tie my 72 to it soon. It will be 14 feet of head, but also through 50 horizontal feet of pipe.

I will still have enough left to run something else if I want.......

That pump also costs $20-30 a month in electricity to run, so be careful.

Are you using the oceanflow maximods? They have a really narrow outlet and long shroud as far as maximods are concerned, so they're much more of a jet than most of the DIY types.

I've got two maximods (mjmods) in my 58g, and I have no problems with my sand. Chances are, yours just aren't aimed in the most efficient way.

Geez Rich, where were you when I was asking around about what pump to buy? :D

At least the way it runs now, it draw less than 120 watts, so I hope your calculator is off a bit. :(

Back