Purple Hornet Zoa

pvh

Non-member
I have a frag of this zoa but I didn't know it would go for this much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Purple-Hornet-Z...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
NOTE: This is not my sell on eBay.

Here is a picture of mine.
2q03xo8.jpg

Sure sure... you're just trying to raise the price when you frag it :D lol

Nah...not going to be touching this baby for a long long time. By then it'll be as common as those Radioactive Dragon Eye. lol

You might not be touching it but you'll def be singing to it... :rolleyes:

you have GOT to be kidding me. That is it, I am ready to leave this hobby. I never thought I would see the day someone would pay $300+ for a zoanthid, just absolutely absurd. It is a $40 Coral tops. Completely F*n unbelievable. It is sad how much people will rip each other off and take advantage of another person. But the fact that there are people willing to pay that much is just as bad. I will never (nor do I want to) understand this "designer" fad/phase that is running through this hobby. Sorry for the rant, I will get off my soapbox now.

And for the record they are nice, and I will be glad to wait till like Peter said, next year when eceryone has them and they are nice and cheap. So Peter put me down on your frag list...but way down near the bottom sometime next year... :D

LOL B...the most I've every spent on a polyp was $100. Hey if whoever thinks it's worth $1000 more power to them. I surely don't think any coral is worth that much.

Sure, I'll add you to the list. That's if it survive until then. You know how these collectible zoas/palys are. Healthy one day and gone the next like nothing.

Sure, I'll add you to the list. That's if it survive until then. You know how these collectible zoas/palys are. Healthy one day and gone the next like nothing.

That's whats keeping me away from buying some of the notorious melters like armageddons, Darth Mauls, and nightmares. People say they're healthy one day and bam overnight a few hundred bucks starts melting away.

...and I thought I had something you didn't... I just got a 9 polyp frag of those Purple Hornets for $80. The vendor was asking $20/polyp and they gave me 5 freebies. Now that he knows what they are they're "sold out". A single polyp went for $305 on ebay a few days after I received them.

That's whats keeping me away from buying some of the notorious melters like armageddons, Darth Mauls, and nightmares. People say they're healthy one day and bam overnight a few hundred bucks starts melting away.

Buying them is one thing. Finding someone who would frag them up is another. ;)

Thats a great looking zoo. Add me to the list for a frag when its frag time

Sure, if you can wait that long. :)

...and I thought I had something you didn't... I just got a 9 polyp frag of those Purple Hornets for $80. The vendor was asking $20/polyp and they gave me 5 freebies. Now that he knows what they are they're "sold out". A single polyp went for $305 on ebay a few days after I received them.

hihihihi...yes I got it. What a deal you got there.

Heck,I got one of those frags in Peter's grab bag.:p

So you're the one who got it. lol

What does the zoo look like under normal lighting? Do you have a pic of it under normal lighting? (it looks from the pic it is under actinics) Correct me if I'm wrong...

Got any pics of them not under actinic?

What does the zoo look like under normal lighting? Do you have a pic of it under normal lighting? (it looks from the pic it is under actinics) Correct me if I'm wrong...

You asked and you shall receive. ;)
As you can see the color is almost the same as actinic...much better....a lot better in person.

This is under T5 around 10k color.
2wh1i0m.jpg

they are nice looking, i can certainly believe people would pay money for them, but i would think something comparable to like PPE's or NG's.. i can't imagine that much money, that's just insane.

Back