PVC vs. clear flexible vinyl tubing

JimmyC

Non-member
I am setting up a sump in the basement and I don't have a lot of room to cut holes and run pvc because there will be a twist which would require three or four 45 degree fittings. Does it matter which one I use. I was thinking that the only bad with the clear hoses that they collect algae inside. Thanks in advance.

go with the flexible tubing, easy to work with.
if need it, you can always change them out after a while.

I use spaflex if I need some bends in the lines. You still get the secure glued fittings but don't have to use any 45 or 90 degree connections.

My one concern with vinyl tube is that sometimes over time it will develop kinks or flat spots which can change the flow through the tube. Really just a concern if it is just big enough without much room for error. Shouldn't have this concern with spaflex.

So I can buy spaflex in Lowes?
Some Lowes stores carry it but they sometimes don't know what it is called. I ordered from USPlactics I think when I got mine but had to buy a 50' roll of each size I wanted. I think I paid under $1/ft and lowes was about $3-4 a foot. I just sold what was left in the roll on the boards when I was done.

I think most Lowes do carry it now now,it's with the irrigation stuff.Definatly want spaflex.Also pool and spa places have it, some sell it... some dont.

what is everyone using for clamps to hold the clear tubing on the fittings? are there plastic clamps? I assumed stainless would not be a good idea.

Back