where to buy clear pvc locally?

DoctaQ

Non-member
i am looking to buy clear pvc for making a diy spraybar i have regular white pvc now and its ugly(this is for FW by the way, shhh) i dont mind having the white elbow but would really like to switch it up to half inch clear pvc to fit the fittings i already have, thanks!

also i did look through the sticky, the best one i guess looked to be tap but they sell the acrylic tubing by the OD which puts me off because i dont know which one to use, i would really like to get it down to half inch but the OD of half inch pvc is apparently .84 which is more than the .75 od they sell but smaller than 1 inch grr!

F.W. WEBB in woburn used to sell it ,But i believe they moved all the pipe to methuen just off rt 93.

thanks zimm, unfortunateley we re like 40 minutes apart.
it looks like the way to go is to order online, ill give webb a call later first though

i am looking to buy clear pvc for making a diy spraybar i have regular white pvc now and its ugly...

May want to consider Black PVC. It is easier to find, e.g. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

Depending on its surroundings the color hides just as well as clear. The down side would be with a spray bar it may not be as easy to see any clogging/corrosion.

Just a thought.

Just in case you don't know, "clear" PVC is actually tinted blue. I have no idea why.

I would also suggest black or grey, the "clear" will get fouled up with algae growing inside because the light will be able to get inside.

ive called webb and they have it in metheuen, i guess i am kinda thinkin it over now, i am okay with algae since i will be able to remove this easily but it does seem awefully far away, plus i have to buy ten feet of it

ive called webb and they have it in metheuen, i guess i am kinda thinkin it over now, i am okay with algae since i will be able to remove this easily but it does seem awefully far away, plus i have to buy ten feet of it

Keep in mind that the algae you need to worry about is inside the pipe. It will grow, then break away in chunks that may clog the outputs on the spray bar. Could get messy if you don't clean it consistently. (with grey or black tube, there would be NO algae growth inside).

Also, FWIW I've had great experiences with http://www.mcmaster.com/

They carry just about everything, and IME orders often arrive within 72 hours with regular shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back