FS Quarantined Fish Update.

Blue Light Aquatics

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Happy New Year to all. No resolutions here from me this year, but want to simply send out a message of gratitude to all of you who have supported our small family business again this past year in 2023 and I look forward to serving you as we improve and grow into 2024! WARNING! Long winded post, but please stay with me to the end

The store is building up slowly but surely and our quarantine process is expanding and becoming more comprehensive. I will be updating the website in the coming weeks with our updated standard QT process. We have added to our vendor list to expand species offerings and in the coming months I will be expanding our quarantine facility into two separate rooms to increase capacity. This should allow us to have more available fish in the retail store's clean holding tanks and for the online store. And yes, I will be focusing more attention to our www.bluelightaqua.com online shop LFS updates this year. Okay. Maybe that's my new years resolution!

Will post next with current QT stock, soon to be moving to observation stock and a request for the next order.

Current QT Stock.

ROYAL GRAMMA
ASFUR ANGELFISH

Current In Process Stock

CONVICT TANG
OCELLARIS PAIR
ORANGE SPOT BLENNY
CHERUB ANGELFISH
ROCK BEAUTY ANGELFISH
OCEAN SURGEON TANG
CHALK BASS
KENYA EXQUISITE WRASSE
CARPENTERS FAIRY WRASSE

Unfortunately, I have found that special orders can become too complicated, but I will certainly do my best. Please post suggestions of fish that you want. As we prepare for our next shipment or import, I will order as many of the requests as I can fill. Space is limited. I will use the suggestions here as a guide when ordering.

Could you describe your quarrantine process and medications used?

Sure. I will be updating the process page on my website for more detail when I have time, but the current quarantine room has 3 different sections. A multiple tank central system for copper, prazi, H2O2. With UV and 1 micron filtration. A 10 bin TTM section for copper delicate fish. Paraguard and H2O2 are used here as well as Prazi. Last section is larger tanks for bigger fish and other specific quarantine for species that don't fit into the other 2 sections. All fish are fed food soak medication during the QT period with metroplex and prazi and are given a melafix bath coming in and then another prior to moving to observation tanks. Other meds are used on an as needed basis, such as with antibiotics only being used when necessary.

What is the copper level that you use for copper sensitive fish and vice versa?

Slow ramp up to 2.0 over the course of a few days for copper.

The TTM tanks get no copper at all. Only paraguard, prazi, H2O2 and metroplex

Back