Question about plumbing waster water drain for RODI

Apone

Non-member
I just got my new Typhoon and I have a question about setting it up.
For the waste water drain the directions state to plumb this into the plastic PVC drain pipe for your sink. I would like to mount my RODI in my basement. The only problem is that I dont have a sink down there, but I do have a PVC waste water pipe in the ceiling from the first level of my house.

Because it is in the basement both my cold water supply line and PVC drain pipe will be above the RODI unit. I dont think this will be a problem for the cold water supply as it is under high pressure and will be running downhill to my RODI. However the waste water line must flow uphill to the plastic PVC pipe in the ceiling in my basement. Is this going to cause issues for my system? Can the RODI unit drain its waste water uphill because of the water pressure in the unit? Or must the waste water drain downhill with gravity?

I have my ro in the basement. My plumbing has a vent on the waste water pipe (sort of a trap with an open end sticking up above the level of the waste pipe).

I set the RO drain line up so that it runs into the top of that vent/trap thing. It's held in place with zip ties so that it runs into the top of the pipe, but isn't submerged. I'm not sure, but I would worry about back siphioning waste (from the bathroom, gross) water into the RO unit if the drain line were submerged.

That's my solution, but someone may have a better one?

They actually make a saddle valve like they give you for the copper pipe for the cold water for the PVC. Just make sure you have it attached to a vertical part of the pipe (one going up and down)

my waste line goes out through my foundation where it connects to drip irrigation tubing which irrigates a 30 foot flower bed perfectly.In winter i run it down the sink in my fish room.
I just wanted to make some use of the waste.

Back