Question about Ranco controller

randt122

Non-member
Ok. I may sound like a stupid asking this. I have a dual stage Ranco controller and do I connect the chiller to the controller or the pump that feeds the chiller to the controller??? Thanks.

why dont you have the return plumbed through the chiller and you wont need the extra pump, leaving the answer to plug the chiller into the controller. hope that helps.

Maybe because I want to maintain stable temp. By having the heater and the chiller hooked up to the controller, the temp won't fluctuate a lot

You will connect the chiller to the controler. The controler controls when the chiller turns off or on. The pump will always run throu the chiller with the chiller on or off. Thats why it would be best, if you could, do like Yaktop suggests. Would be better to do that than run an additional pump. The temp might fluctuate more if you have an additional pump since you will have some heat from the additional pump.

Maybe because I want to maintain stable temp. By having the heater and the chiller hooked up to the controller, the temp won't fluctuate a lot

the other cords plugs into the heater which drops into the sump. Unless you have a chiller that is a combo with a heater ?? why run the extra pump? your call. have fun.

Back