Question on Dwarf Lion Fish

22engine

Non-member
I am thinking about ,moving my clowns and cleaner shrimp and some of my corals into my new tank when I get it up and running and then adding a dwarf zebra lion fish into my 29 gallon. I will leave one of my cardinals in the tank cause he is huge. Also saw that you can leave bottom fish in so would my wheeler goby be ok? What can I have for a clean up crew that the lion want eat? Tank is six moths old now with about 35 lbs of live rock. I will move some live rock into the new tank. Does this sound like a ok plan. Any advise I appreciate

a rule of thumb with any lion fish is that if something is small enough to fit in its mouth it will try and eat it.

That's what I read. So I believe my cardinal and goby would be ok cause they are huge. The clowns can come out and into my other tank.

keep in mind the lionfish are like bass, and have a large drop down jaw. So even though the cardinal looks too big to fit in their mouth, you would be surprised what they can fit in there.

Last edited:
Replace the shrimp with brittle stars. The dwarf will eat your fish, so you might as well get a nice voltitans.

Thanks everyone. Have to stay with a dwarf do to tank size so it's a zebra or fu mu shu I believe it's called.

Back